Would like some advice on my situation.

h4cHi

Established Member
First post, I've been lurking this forum for about a year now reading threads occasionally. Last July I purchased a m6 GB 5.0 2013 with a Track Pack and the Shaker Pro Audio system and since then I have had to go to the dealer 3 times and replace the trunk subwoofer. The past time I replaced this subwoofer was last week and I told my local dealership I no longer wanted the premium stereo and that I would like my money back in the fashion that it has been replaced 3 times now and still the stereo shorts out for whatever reason. The service manager told me I would have to contact Ford to achieve this goal. I talked to the Regional Customer Support Rep. Tiffany and she told me at this time this was not possible. She then called me 4 days later offering me the "Premium Care" Extended warranty 5/75,000 and I told her that this offer did not satisfy me and that I needed to think about this and that I still wanted the stereo out. I have all proper documentation for each visit and the problem is stated exactly the same the 3 times I have had to replace this subwoofer. Any ideas guys?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
they wont give you the money back for the stereo upgrade. they are just going to keep fixing it.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
they wont give you the money back for the stereo upgrade. they are just going to keep fixing it.
agree
Pretty much. Or they'll offer you cheap fixes like extended warranties and free oil changes.
i would take the extended
I cant lemon law this out?=\
depends on your situation, are you the first owner and is it within the first year? lemon laws go by state so read up on your state
Can't lemon law it .as it doesnt actually effect the car itself
in florida it doesn't matter what it is just that the car has been broken for the same issue
Mine as well take the extension.
yes

h4cHi

Established Member
agree

i would take the extended

depends on your situation, are you the first owner and is it within the first year? lemon laws go by state so read up on your state

in florida it doesn't matter what it is just that the car has been broken for the same issue

yes

yes i bought it brand new last july and this is why Im wondering if I can get them to refund it

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
you dont understand what I was saying the concept.

i think we understand but is just ridiculous. by the way does the sub turn on at all? maybe you have the bass to loud and its killing it. not that it should happen but remember the sound systems on this cars is a POS.

h4cHi

Established Member
i think we understand but is just ridiculous. by the way does the sub turn on at all? maybe you have the bass to loud and its killing it. not that it should happen but remember the sound systems on this cars is a POS.

the speaker just shorts out.

What I'm getting at is any company I've dealt with and if I experience multiple problems with attempted replacements on products they have offered me my money back after a given amount of attempts (Usually 3)

Last edited:

Vik912

Established Member
the speaker just shorts out.

What I'm getting at is any company I've dealt with and if I experience multiple problems with attempted replacements on products they have offered me my money back after a given amount of attempts (Usually 3)

I completely understand what you're saying there. However, you are comparing a single product that you buy at a shop or store vs a car with multiple options installed from the factory. In this case, you're only having a problem with 1 of those options installed, and you want that option replaced. That's understandable.

However, I don't think that they can, under warranty, replace one of your factory options with a lesser option. For one thing, it would throw them off any time they would run your VIN, because they see that a better factory sound system is listed than what is currently installed in your car. Also, not saying that you would, but what would stop you from coming back a year later and suing them for having replaced your premium sound system with a lesser sound system... unless they specifically make you sign something stating that it was at your request.

I also can't see them replacing it with a lower system and refunding you the difference. Although you have a good argument, I don't think they allow returns or exchanges (unless its defective and they fix or replace that same part under warranty) on options purchased on the car.

I'm sure they would work with you on installing a better (if there is one) factory sound system, at a pro-rated or even free of charge.

Anyways, if I was you, I would take them up on that warranty. I personally think that's a very good offer. Have them keep fixing the subwoofer if it keeps breaking, or if it really bothers you, I would replace the whole sound system with an aftermarket one. Either way, that premium care warranty is over $1k, so I'd take that.

Last edited:

h4cHi

Established Member
I completely understand what you're saying there. However, you are comparing a single product that you buy at a shop or store vs a car with multiple options installed from the factory. In this case, you're only having a problem with 1 of those options installed, and you want that option replaced. That's understandable.

However, I don't think that they can, under warranty, replace one of your factory options with a lesser option. For one thing, it would throw them off any time they would run your VIN, because they see that a better factory sound system is listed than what is currently installed in your car. Also, not saying that you would, but what would stop you from coming back a year later and suing them for having replaced your premium sound system with a lesser sound system... unless they specifically make you sign something stating that it was at your request.

I also can't see them replacing it with a lower system and refunding you the difference. Although you have a good argument, I don't think they allow returns or exchanges (unless its defective and they fix or replace that same part under warranty) on options purchased on the car.

I'm sure they would work with you on installing a better (if there is one) factory sound system, at a pro-rated or even free of charge.

Anyways, if I was you, I would take them up on that warranty. I personally think that's a very good offer. Have them keep fixing the subwoofer if it keeps breaking, or if it really bothers you, I would replace the whole sound system with an aftermarket one. Either way, that premium care warranty is over $1k, so I'd take that.

Yeah its the highest package they offer and it was 1300$ and I spend more time without it and it not working and wasting gas to go get it fixed then I do enjoying the system. I'm very displeased with this system they changed to instead of the Shaker 1000

Users who are viewing this thread