Would i win?

viper

SVT Wonderer
Established Member
Would i win against a mostly stock brand new eclipse? My buddy just got one and wants to race me...
And how would i do against a trans am? :p

alaskablkmach

Established Member
Deff not a trans am. i have never seen a new eclipse run but. I would think you would walk it. But who knows. Better get a blower to beat a trans am or alot of bolt ons and DR's!!!

slo-GT

Established Member
i was reading in road and track, the 1/4 time on the new eclipse GT V6 was somewhere around a 14.5........you should take him. But the T/A is a different story:nonono:

Last edited:

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
yeah i hear the new eclipses arent anything to scream about, but a trans am might be a tough run, is it a ws6?

fastmach04

Established Member
WS6 or not, you'll still lose. Eclipse I'm not sure about, but I haven't heard much jazz about them, so they must not be too impressive. Get a lot more mods before you try to tackle a t/a.

viper

SVT Wonderer
Established Member
Well i raced the trans am from 20 mph :whine: :whine:
So i got a car on him from the start then he got traction and killed me so bad, it was ws6 by the way....

craz1469

So Slow
Established Member
Oh well it happens. Do you know his mods?

Oh yea and just a FYI a Z28=SS=Trans am=Formula=WS6

I'm sure this horse has been beating to death but there are people who still think that a WS6 and a SS are far superior than the others.

craz1469

So Slow
Established Member
So loud and raspy that you wanted to kill yourself?
If so I'm willing to bet he had headers off-road y with a strait pipe style exhaust. Something like SLP, GMMG, Corsa, or Borla.

saleenmuscle18

Established Member
i beat my buddies 98 trans-am in my old gt, he had exhausts and a programmer, i had gears, intake, exhausts, and a programmer

bandit_48032

Established Member
With a full bolt on exhaust and gears you should walk an LT1 Trans Am no problem, and be pretty close with an LS1, but I would still give the LS1 the advantage.

With the LT1 and the LS1 being stock of course

My buddy's 95 TA went 14.5 at the track bone stock. Then with Pacesetter Long Tubes, Off Road Y with cutout, Flowmaster Exhaust, 3.42 gears, and smooth bellows, went 14.0 in the 1/4.

Stock LS1's can run anywhere from high to low 13's stock.

The eclipse I'm not sure about.

Last edited:

viper

SVT Wonderer
Established Member
Well i just found out it runs 12.74 in the quarter.... At least i got the jump on him lol
Now i'm playing on running the eclipse, s2000, and a maxima lol

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I think a well modded LT1 could surprise a few 03/04 Cobras, so I'd be careful what you pick on.

If you don't beat the Eclipse I personally vote to ban you.

1998BAB

Established Member
I raced an eclipse at about 70-75mph. By the time i reached 95-100 I only had a car or 2 length. I'm sure I would have wasted him to higher speeds

Users who are viewing this thread