Would I Win?????????????

blnpny

Banned
I've got a buddy with a 1000 rwhp c5 vett that wants to race me in the 1/4 or highway. He has traction problems just spins for days on michelin streets, it's also methanol injected.

I have 509 rwhp and run the 1/4 @ 11.85 @118mph on bfg drags. What do you guys think? Do I have a chance? :shrug:

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
If it has 1000 you dont have much of a chance especially from a roll. If you go 1/4 mile and he has real bad traction problems you could win, but 1000rwhp in a lighter car should be faster no matter what.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
He probably could go 1/2 throttle and beat you. I'm sorry, he is going to kill you in any race. 1000rwhp is enough to trap in the 140-150 range easily. Take the beating anyway, just for kicks.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
You will get Raped but it should be fun. Anyways in your sig. are you using isolators with the SS springs or not? Looks real good :thumbsup:

badazzredcobra

Established Member
I Think With A 250shot Of Nitrous And A Better Tune Would Give You Guys A Better Run With That Chevy. My Car Puts Out 585rwhp On Spray With No Ported Eaton Just Imagine If I Had A Port Job Your Numbers Do Not Sound Right. By The Way ,what Shot Are You Running Anyways ? Nice Car Man Wheels Are Nice Too .

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
blnpny said:
I've got a buddy with a 1000 rwhp c5 vett that wants to race me in the 1/4 or highway. He has traction problems just spins for days on michelin streets, it's also methanol injected.

I have 509 rwhp and run the 1/4 @ 11.85 @118mph on bfg drags. What do you guys think? Do I have a chance? :shrug:

You have to be joking, right? :dw:

blnpny

Banned
lingenfelter 427 smallblock with pro charger FA1 . This car is bad and I'm not the guy that he wants to race I'm not that dumb.! From what I know about the car he has close to 30gs in the drivetrain. Just asking for someone else, I'm with you guys, he'll get crushed.

badazzredcobra

Established Member
Dude even if you had the same horse power numbers you would still get raped . I think the more money into any car the faster you are on any given day considering having the same two drivers, the vette is just so much lighter but must say cheaply made to many squeeks nice looking though. Good luck and my the cobra be with you :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Maybe in a bracket race. But not heads up. :poke:

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread