Would Anderson Silva would win a fight of this nature

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Not sure if many of you guys watch the UFC or MMA, but if you do, we all know that Anderson Silva is considered to be the best pound for pound fighter ever in the sport.

In your guys opinion, who would win between him, and the cream of the crop trained Navy Seal, Ranger or any other highly trained special forces soldier in the cage, and on the street of equal body weight?

I have no idea what type of training the special forces go through, just thought it would be an interesting debate. This would be a hand to hand combat fight, no weapons.

Rotzs99

Established Member
Not sure if many of you guys watch the UFC or MMA, but if you do, we all know that Anderson Silva is considered to be the best pound for pound fighter ever in the sport.

In your guys opinion, who would win between him, and the cream of the crop trained Navy Seal, Ranger or any other highly trained special forces soldier in the cage, and on the street of equal body weight?

I have no idea what type of training the special forces go through, just thought it would be an interesting debate. This would be a hand to hand combat fight, no weapons.

In the cage. No contest Silva wins. There have been many military guys pass through MMA. His training for a certain opponent has been perfected and he literally has mastered every angle of MMA. If he were to bump into the best spec ops soldier on the street thinking he's tough stuff, I'd say it would be close. He is a master of fighting, but without training for a specific fight and the unpredictability of the soldier, he might get his ass beat. I'd still lean towards Silva, he's fast as hell and strong for his size.

Last edited:

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
All bets are off on the street, man.

But, if I had to pick, I'd probably still pick the trained MMA fighter. I'm sure SEALs etc go through some hand to hand combat, but it's not all they concentrate on. All fighters like Silva train on is hand to hand combat.

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
I would venture a guess that there are a few spec ops soldiers that would best Anderson Silva. Silva is protected by the rules of the UFC and has trained to fight an opponent by those rules. Spec ops soldiers are trained to kill in ways that are anything but humane or fair.

I still have 95% or more of the fights going to Silva, but a well trained operator could land a "cheap" shot and end the fight quickly at any given moment.

Rotzs99

Established Member
I would venture a guess that there are a few spec ops soldiers that would best Anderson Silva. Silva is protected by the rules of the UFC and has trained to fight an opponent by those rules. Spec ops soldiers are trained to kill in ways that are anything but humane or fair.

I still have 95% or more of the fights going to Silva, but a well trained operator could land a "cheap" shot and end the fight quickly at any given moment.

Cheap shots are the name of the game. I heard a podcast talking about if Silva or another MMA fighter could take out a chimpanzee. I say hell no. Even if you outweigh that thing by 50 lbs, it is stronger, and is going straight for the nuts, also gonna bite the piss out of you.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
IF anything goes in the fight against the special forces guys (including killing) I would say the special forces guy wins. Otherwise Silva is going to come out victor a majority of the time. Two different types of training.. as mentioned one has rules and isn't trying to permanently harm, kill or injure the other person.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I would say Silva. Just because he is trained to follow the rules doesn't mean he can't go beyond that. Being trained is one thing, going out and fighting is another. Silva has a strong record against big fighters on top of his training. It's a matter of being smart, endurance, and fast and from what we have seen, Silva has them all.

There have been military guys in MMA but no one has been in Silva's level or close to it.

Last

Established Member
Special operations guys work as a team. Individually they are complete badasses but you are talking about taking these guys out of their element and into a fixed situation. That being said if you put a professional fighter in the cage with a spec ops guy, yeah the pro fighter would win most of the time... But if the pro fighter was not able to set the conditions or the time for the fight, different story.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member

Anderson Silva. He trains for hand to hand combat. Spec Ops train to use weapons and hands as last resort.

stangposse

Established Member
I'm assuming that the fight is going to happen with proper notice.

No debate here......Silva 99 out of 100 fights in the cage. I'll leave the one chance for those rare haymakers that might get through. On the street, I'd say 90 out of 100 because landing on the ground is much different than the ring. So the chances go up a little for the SEAL if he were to happen to get a hold of Silva and slam him to the ground first.....big if though.

There is no doubt that many of our guys are highly trained, efficient killers. But the chance that one might be altogether trained in martial arts, has the stamina that relates to a fight and can take a big punch is probably not that common.

Rotzs99

Established Member
UFC Fighter Jon Bones Jones vs Attack Dog: Ice Bucket - YouTube watch and enjoy. this was a few months ago when he was back in town... vs local police (a few ex seals are local police and he has gotten a ass kicking from a few people at clubs... silva is no different.. every person has a weakness.. and as jon has said the streets are a whole new animal...

Cops are funny. Like the top comment said, I'm pretty sure he could handle their academy no sweat. Mental toughness - Check, Physical toughness - Check. I don't see Jones and Silva/GSP in the same league, he is too young and doesn't have the experience or number of fights under his belt.

If we're talking Spetsnaz it might be a different story.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I would say Silva. Just because he is trained to follow the rules doesn't mean he can't go beyond that. Being trained is one thing, going out and fighting is another. Silva has a strong record against big fighters on top of his training. It's a matter of being smart, endurance, and fast and from what we have seen, Silva has them all.

There have been military guys in MMA but no one has been in Silva's level or close to it.

exactly. im positive could easily kill a guy if there no rules. and he's cautious in the ring (somewhat) because he knows the other guy is a trained MMA fighter that is almost as good as him (ego lol). i know spec ops guys are trained in hand to hand combat mma style but they dont do non-stop training day and night with the greatest trainers in the world and work on condition soley for it. and he is also trained to take insane blows to the head and body whereas im not sure soldiers are.. he's also an expert at not letting people get near him to hurt him or take him down.

one of them is extremely proficient as lethal hand to hand combat, and the other is considered "the best" in the world. no disrespect to our spec ops guys but i really dont think it would be a fair match up. in the ring or in the street. of course anything can happen on the street but the odds are overwhelmingly against it imo.

yenko boy

Established Member
Seals are tough guys but were talking about a professional level fighter who trains daily to be the best. Seals best shot might be a fight to the death, but in a cage it would be no contest.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
On the street or in the octagon Silva wins.

Just because he has only trained in hand to hand combat in the ring does not mean that he doesnt know how to defend from other forms of attack. Unless the fight happened to catch him by surprise (IE someone came behind him and clocked him in the back of the head), Silva wins. A seal or special forces whatever may be good against even the most well trained enemies but in hand to hand combat on equal footing against a fully trained top-tier MMA fighter coming at you with multiple disciplines, good luck. He will dismantle them in seconds. Most these top notch MMA guys are playing chess in their head, planning out every move while considering their opponents next moves as well. Its not just throwing punches and getting rowdy.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
I HIGHLY doubt John Jones got his ass handed to him at a night club, lol. If that did happen he must have been sloppy drunk.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I really can't understand why someone would make this argument. The guy's a professional fighter, one of the best if not the best.

two completely different professions. :shrug:

Both guys would be badasses, but it different aspects of baddassery. :??:

yeah the streets are different but if there are no rules that means Silva has no rules to follow either. Do you think that makes him LESS dangerous?? :shrug:

Even if you don't like Silva (which I'm not particularly a fan of him) you have to give him the win.

Hand those same two guys gear, guns and an urban war setting and see who comes out on top in round two....same argument, very different outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread