Would a CAW strike affect Shelby production?

libref

Established Member
Hi all,

The Canadian Auto Workers Union (CAW) is down to the wire in negotiations with Ford; they have put GM & Chysler on hold and are focussing on Ford as the automaker has demonstrated significant goodwill and respect towards its workers. Question is, if the talks break down and autoworkers in Canada go on strike, will this affect production/shipment of the GT500?

I realize the Shelby is built in the US, but I'm assuming there is a high level of solidarity between US and Canadian autoworkers, so that a strike in Canada
could lead to similar action in the US; or a work to rule strategy which could potentially affect output.

Thoughts, observations, comments?

cbrmuscle

Established Member
I doubt it would affect the production of the Shelby's, specifically. It would just affect Ford's other vehicles that are produced in Ontario.

libref

Established Member
Thanks for the responses ice and cbr,

I was hoping that would be the response; though, hopefully the union and car companies
can come to a mutual agreement, without the need for a labour action.

Cheers!

willfong

Established Member
Would the CAW affect the production chain of parts and suppliers for the GT500 production line? Would it indirectly affect the GT500 line thus causing slowdowns and delays?

Users who are viewing this thread