Would 4# lower help?

03VenomBite

Established Member
I was thinking about buying a lower pulley kit for my 03, it's not ported, but I do have 2.80 pulley on it now. So I was wondering if adding a 4# lower would do much at all for me. And is that something that an email tuner can do to make it run right?
Thanks

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Not really unless you go ported. Where you're at right now is about the peak of that blower until you get it ported, otherwise you'll just be getting it way too hot too fast. I'm running the 4lb/2.93 route right now and it even gets really hot really fast unported.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Not really unless you go ported. Where you're at right now is about the peak of that blower until you get it ported, otherwise you'll just be getting it way too hot too fast. I'm running the 4lb/2.93 route right now and it even gets really hot really fast unported.

:beer:

I'll add the car will hit its peak in the rpm's really low also and fall off after pretty fast.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
i ran this combo on my car just fine 2.93/4# ( unported ) but with a killer chiller

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
:beer:

I'll add the car will hit its peak in the rpm's really low also and fall off after pretty fast.

OP, you should talk to this guy. He can hook you up if you wanna go with a lower and make more power :rockon:

If I didn't come across the money for my Twin Screw, Posi would be the first place I'd send my hEaton.

03VenomBite

Established Member
OP, you should talk to this guy. He can hook you up if you wanna go with a lower and make more power :rockon:

If I didn't come across the money for my Twin Screw, Posi would be the first place I'd send my hEaton.

Yeah, he's the one I would go with but with all the things I have going for the car this spring, drag rims and tires, BAP, Email tune, 60# inj, A/F and boost gauges, and getting married :nonono:, I just don't have all funds for that this year!

Users who are viewing this thread