WOT tune for street?

edw794

Established Member
any problem in running a car with a tune that is set up for WOT track racing on the street? just bought an 03, and though the car seems to run fine on the street, it has a "rich" smelling odor coming from the exhaust. the gas mileage varies between 9 to 14 mpg, depending on a/c usage, even though the car is driven "easy."

ed

edw794

Established Member
the car has the stock blower and pulleys. it has a full bassani exhaust system which includes mid length headers. besides the cai, there are no other engine mods. the car was tuned with what's presently on the engine now.

so is it ok to drive on the street with this tune? again, the car runs fine but it just smells a bit rich. then, i have read it's not possible to tell how rich the a/f ratio is by the smell.

ed

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
edw794 said:
the car has the stock blower and pulleys. it has a full bassani exhaust system which includes mid length headers. besides the cai, there are no other engine mods. the car was tuned with what's presently on the engine now.

so is it ok to drive on the street with this tune? again, the car runs fine but it just smells a bit rich. then, i have read it's not possible to tell how rich the a/f ratio is by the smell.

ed

where are you in Socal?

You should find a place and dyno the car and check the A/F to be safe

Tom

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
where are you in Socal?

You should find a place and dyno the car and check the A/F to be safe

Tom

+1 on checking the A/F.. can't be more than $85... Better that a new engine and a head ache;-)

edw794

Established Member
i'm located in the san diego area. there are several places nearby where i can have the car dyno.

thanks for the advice.

ed

Users who are viewing this thread