WOT box question

toomanytoys

Established Member
Lately it seems as if my wot box is acting up. It kicks in whenever it wants. There has been times when as I was accelerating hard it would activate without me stepping on the clutch. And I'm not talking pedal floored either. It happens at 1/2 to 3/4 pedal. Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
I have a WOT box and I've experienced something similar. I haven't figured it out yet, though. I don't drive the car much. In my case, the car would cut out during a hard (not floored) acceleration. Not sure if I was keeping my foot on the clutch pedal, though. I want to drive it around a little more this season to sort out if its me or the box. If you figure it out before I do, post what you find!

bullitt2735

Established Member
I have a WOT box and I've experienced something similar. I haven't figured it out yet, though. I don't drive the car much. In my case, the car would cut out during a hard (not floored) acceleration. Not sure if I was keeping my foot on the clutch pedal, though. I want to drive it around a little more this season to sort out if its me or the box. If you figure it out before I do, post what you find!

Happens to me every once in awhile too, what I found out that the clutch safety switch is just extremely sensitive, so if you have your foot touching the clutch at all it will do it, even if you are not actually engaging the clutch. I'm thinking about trying to rig away to allow me to have a little more play before it activates the switch. I wish the clutch shift was more like my old 14 focus st in which case which had more than one position on the clutch switch, allowing you to adjust for that in the tune.

golfer11689

Established Member
My buddy wired his up to a switch to avoid these issues, that way you can just turn it on when you need it, and drive normal when you don't. Just ordered mine the other day and will be doing this to mine as well.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I had this problem. I flipped the switch to the other side of the bracket and moved it out a little. This way the switch is closer to the pivot point so it takes more travel to open.

2_CW_2

Established Member
7c5451557beb1edbb9c1916388935e8e.jpg
what goes where?!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
You have to cut that wire. then one wire goes to one side and the other connects to the other side making the WOT BOX the middle man.

Users who are viewing this thread