WOT box no lift shift and 2 step

2001CobraDan

Established Member
Whats up guys. I was watching some youtube vids and saw a lot of 03-04 cobras running WOT boxes. First off, I see they are compatible with 99-04 GT's and 03-04 cobras. I have a Procharged 01 cobra (take a look at my signature for further details). Would a WOT box work on my car? I am not so interested in the 2-step as I would be in the no lift shift. I don't get traction as it is from a dig. But this no lift shift looks cool! I learned that it cuts the ignition to the motor when your about to shift so the synchros can mesh easier. So you keep the pedal down and don't use the clutch???? Is it totally safe for the transmission? Let me know what you guys think about these WOT boxes. Thanks.

Last edited:

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
So you keep the pedal down and don't use the clutch???? Is it totally safe for the transmission?

You still use the clutch, but you keep the gas on the floor. The WOT box ties into the cruise control switch on the clutch pedal so it knows when to cut the ignition. The time the ignition is cut is programmable for your speed of shifting. It is much easier on the tranny, especially if you consider the damage from missed shifts.

EDIT: Yes, you could use it on your Procharged car. My buddy has one on his Procharged GT and it works nicely!

Last edited:

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Lets just hope this becomes a popular post! lol. Hey your car looks sick with those deep dishes! Very cool!

Thanks Man, yes they are deep dish!!! :beer:
Nice set up you got, you can terrorise some GM and Hondas!!!

You still use the clutch, but you keep the gas on the floor. The WOT box ties into the cruise control switch on the clutch pedal so it knows when to cut the ignition. The time the ignition is cut is programmable for your speed of shifting. It is much easier on the tranny, especially if you consider the damage from missed shifts.

EDIT: Yes, you could use it on your Procharged car. My buddy has one on his Procharged GT and it works nicely!

Sounds like a nice little device to have, i will be getting one next year.

2001CobraDan

Established Member
thanks for the info guys. I know what I want for xmas! lol. And yeah, the guy that I bought the car off of used to beat ls1's and 4 bangers like it was a day job, lol.

Last edited:

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
wot boxes are the coolest little boxes ever. i want one as well
[youtube_browser]vj_I9FhUHNY[/youtube_browser]

Bite Me

Established Member
retarded.......learn how to shift and you wont need one. I shift faster than that without the box. The 2step feature is great for drag strips, useless for the street.

goat-ee

Established Member
retarded.......learn how to shift and you wont need one. I shift faster than that without the box. The 2step feature is great for drag strips, useless for the street.

Shifting fast is not really what it's for. The idea is to maintain boost between shifts. I'm not sure that it's really all that useful for a PD application. Where it's supposed to shine is in a turbo application.

Users who are viewing this thread