WOT and nothing...

03lowram

Established Member
Tonight I wanted to go WOT from around 60-65, so I hit and the RPM's jumped up like they would if you go WOT and it almost felt like it cut off. Nothing happened.. So I tried in again like 10 seconds later, did it again! Then I was wtf? Freaked me out... So about 2-3 minutes later I tried it again and it worked perfectly like always.

At the time I was just running the basic canned tune that comes on the SCT handhelds, I was just running it till I got a real tune. Got home tonight and returned it to stock, just in case! So now ill get a custom tune and hopefully it never happens again.

Only mods on the car are.. ORX pipe, no res, and kooks axle backs.

Anyone know what happened?

03lowram

Established Member
Another thread??

Guys, please do some searching before making theads, this has just been covered on another auto car same concern as well as a M6

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...903806-still-having-issues-when-wot-roll.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/905486-problem-13-gt.html

I tried searching.. I've used forums for years now. I couldn't find all the info I needed.. So I made a thread. Now that I know what the problem is the moderator's can delete this if they please.

scott_0

Established Member
shouldnt be using those SCT strategy tunes any ways

scott_0

Established Member
the strategy tunes are or were said to be aggressive, the fact that you added more timing (globally which these cars dont like) makes it even worse, Im sure it does run hard, but at what cost?.............

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
the strategy tunes are or were said to be aggressive, the fact that you added more timing (globally which these cars dont like) makes it even worse, Im sure it does run hard, but at what cost?.............

They actually aren't aggressive. I added timing through global then transferred it over to the table's once i found what it liked. At no cost, car has been on the tune for a little over 6K with 30+ track passes, runs 11.6, and getting 30-32 mpg on the highway :beer:

twayne8403

Established Member
My car has done this a lot. Same thing happens to my friends car. But it hasn't done it since I've added 4.10s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread