Worth the Money?

Gongshow

Dirty Slut
Established Member
I found a 96 Cobra in red that is completely stock and has a little over 22k on it.. perfect carfax. Price tag is 12k. kbb is like 9 something.. is the car worth that much? Seriously looking into buying it. Any advice is appreciated.

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
Depends on if its worth it to you. That is pretty low miles. Is it in otherwise pristine condition? Are you going to mod it much? There are some nice SN95's that are nicely modified for that price.

Post some pics up if you can. That might help people get a sense for what the value is.

Gongshow

Dirty Slut
Established Member
It is worth the money to me (been waiting so long), and I do plan on at least starting out with headers and exhaust, lowering the car and getting some nice wheels for it, maybe weld draglites or 03 cobra wheels. As far as engine internals and boost, thats down the road as I'll need to save up the money for it.

Here are a few pictures of the car. I just want to see if you guys think it's worth the price in its current condition bc theres plenty of other cobras for sale out there I can take a bite at for less.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
just wondering, but is that car in fletcher NC- at a place called auto advantage- cause they got one exactly like that- I live five miles from there- great condition car btw, price is close- you have to understand that our hot rods don't follow the KBB, for instance ever try to find a WS6 for KBB value- never gonna happen-know that's not a mustang but just an example. let me know if that's the car.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
It is a nice looking car but you could find one cheaper but not necessarily in that condition. Start at $9000 and see what they say.

95PGTTech

Established Member
It's only worth that price if you're not going to modify it. Even then, it's a bit high miles for a collector car.

Gongshow

Dirty Slut
Established Member
Yeah, it's gonna get modified. I'm gonna make an offer in the 9's and see if he bites. Keeping my eyes out for other cobras, if you guys see one near KY/OHIO/Indiana/Tenn. that is clean, let me know.

The car is not in NC.

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
looks like the front bumper has been repainted.. look under the plate behind the bumper. over spray maybe? nice car, but price does seem a little high if you plan to mod it.

jumperjack

Established Member
Not worth it. If you put another 4 grand to the car you can be driving an 03 Terminator. Prices are lower now then they have ever been so it is a buyers market as long as you take your time and look for a good deal. Do not rush and buy a car before looking at a bunch of them.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
12k is way steep. i bought mine for 7,700 already lowered with wheels. i've since refixed all the shit he rigged but still it was a start. as soon as you modify these cars the value to the everyday buyer goes down because they think we are out blowing them up, which some of us are but thats beside the point. i know all the shit i've done to my car, i will never get it back out of it but i'm ok with that. if your going to modify it anyway save some of that money and buy a cheaper one and then put that money into making it your own IMO.

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
not worth it IMO. There is a black vert 03 cobra in the for sale section that is $13xxx with 17k miles. Only problem is a rebuilt title. Thats what id be looking at.

LDC2335

Established Member
i paid 11,000 for my 96 with 42k, why, cuz i wanted it and it was in amazing condition.

it had a 13,900 price tag. 11,300 was nada retail on it, though convertible adds a little bit.

i also didnt wanna pay to have one shipped etc, so it was worth it to me

p.s. i would rather buy a stock taken care of car, instead of a modded car that you know has been beat on. jmo

amorrow

Established Member
If you want an SN-95 Cobra that's optioned like that one, has low mileage, can't find a similar or nicer one for a better price, and can't get that one for under $12K...then yes.

32VDOHC

Established Member
I got mine with 29k miles about a year ago for $8700

all the mods that are in my sig were already done to it.

Users who are viewing this thread