worth it to swap in a currie 9 inch?

gabe1530

Banned
i have a built currie 9 inch thats in my 65 mustang coupe. we are parting the 65 out and putting all the parts into a 65 fastback my father and I are building. the fastback is not a full race car and wouldnt need this 9 inch as it already has one. im contemplating using it in my cobra if its not too costly to modify.
i understand it is quite a bit shorter and would need to be lengthened a couple inches.

length wise,
the currie is 57.25 where as the 96-98 is 60? the 99-04 is 61.75?

quite a bit of fab would be needed. is it worth it?

here are some pics of it in the coupe.
32318920003_large.gif

32318920011_large.gif

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
I run a curries 9 inch in my car. Traded my built irs for it. Def worth doing considering you have already spent the initial cost.

gabe1530

Banned
I run a curries 9 inch in my car. Traded my built irs for it. Def worth doing considering you have already spent the initial cost.
Awesome, my currie already has 3.73's and truetrack in it.
Pretty much I would have to cut the leaf spring perch off, get a spring perches welded in, have it widened, etc etc. all this little stuff makes me think it would be easier to just sell it and get a 8.8 that's already built so it will drop right in.

What weighs more? IRS or the 9"?
I'm not sure and would like to know this as well. If I decide to go through with it ill see if I can stick it on a scale.

Users who are viewing this thread