Worst Nitrous Backfire I've Seen

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Actually, give the camera guy some credit for getting most of it one film. What was the noise towards the end when the flames really kicked up?

mr2cam

Established Member
So you have a nitrous car and no fire extinguisher.... Cool

First thing that came to my mind, back when I had my mr2 and wanted to run methanol injection, the very first thing I purchased was a fire extinguisher, better to be safe then sorry

mr2cam

Established Member
So you have a nitrous car and no fire extinguisher.... Cool

First thing that came to my mind, back when I had my mr2 and wanted to run methanol injection, the very first thing I purchased was a fire extinguisher, better to be safe then sorry

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
And NOBODY own a fire extinguisher?

And whenever you have a nitrous fire. Turn off the power and then close the nitrous bottle valve.

If you are going to run anything like that have a fire extinguisher. I have one in each car.

E

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
Lol that reminds me of when a GT500 had a nitrous backfire down here in S. FL racing a turbo NSX....same thing everyone running up taking there shirts off trying to beat it out. At least with that one, someone was brave enough to reach in and knock the CAI intake off where the fire was starting to build.....and some people had water bottles instead of mountain dew...

I remember that run.

Feel bad for the guy. Would liked to have seen the aftermath.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Lets smack it with shirts, that will put it out! People are idiots. I'd assume someone running a setup like that would be smart enough to have a fire extinguisher with them.

ZWilson07

Established Member
Only one thing came to my mind when I saw the first video....

[video=youtube;VDRrjFjJ9fI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDRrjFjJ9fI[/video]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread