worst ford engine failure I have ever seen

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
How in the hell does a cam snap like that?! Maybe when the rods/pistons let go they smacked into it?

rtusnake

Established Member
I believe that guy got those pictures from somewhere else. A guy on a local board blew up his 93 lightning when the wastgate held open and it ran 27lbs of boost threw it. Thats his motor pics

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
rtusnake said:
I believe that guy got those pictures from somewhere else. A guy on a local board blew up his 93 lightning when the wastgate held open and it ran 27lbs of boost threw it. Thats his motor pics

if i remember correctly that guy post on here also. But man what a mess.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
BuckChoklit said:
How in the hell does a cam snap like that?! Maybe when the rods/pistons let go they smacked into it?

We had a cam snap into 3 pieces in our last 351 Windsor. I don't remember what happened, but there were about 8 lifters in the oil pan, along with parts of the rod caps, and 1 of the afore mentioned cam pieces.

I wasn't there when it blew, but it was pretty cool from what I hear.

SSeatr

Established Member
damn just seeing the block blown out with snapped cam shafts is scary enough...pistons twisted..geeez..i work as a boat mechanic and we had a boat that got water in it and everything was fine but the rod was bent like a boomarang...but this tops what ive ever seen....

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
Wow, did anyone else notice the wrist pin still on whats left of that rod? It broke off from the bottom of the piston :eek:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Ah shit Eric, say it aint so.
I tell you what, that truck must have been moving when it let go.
The pile of pices looks like what came out of my oil pan, my block was all so broken around the pan but it wasnt as beat up at the bottom of the cylinders

Users who are viewing this thread