Worst backround that got hired? LEO only

Dave88

I was wondering what was the worst, you guys have seen, regarding criminal backrounds, that have been hired as a LEO in your dept.? I've talked with many MSP LEO's(including Col. Etue) and local LEO's regarding my shots as becoming a LEO. I had a few interactions with the law before. So far, all of them told me just do great in my program, stay out of trouble, and prove that I have changed from my previous history. Any input, especially from MI LEO's, would be great. If need be, I will pm my convictions for your honest evaluation. I will be starting my program in September and I can't wait.

Thanks,

Dave

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
There are so many things that are considered. There is no way to compare one person to another. Everyone's situation is different. Your convictions may automatically disqualify you depending on the agency and type of conviction.

I will say that the competition is fierce for Law enforcement jobs right now. There are highly qualified persons with experience out of work.

No matter what your convictions are, they will be very hard to overcome.

How long has it been since your last conviction?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If you have felony convictions I would guarantee you are out. If you have multiple misdemeanors for the same thing you are likely out. If you have multiple misdemeanors that include crimes of dishonesty you are likely out.

What program are you completing?

As noted above, the L.E.O. job market is highly competitive and you need to be a stand out candidate with critical skills. Why would a department hire a person with a record of multiple convictions when they can hire someone without?

Cochese

Twin Turbo V8
Established Member
I have seen folks with Disorderly Conduct, shoplifting and DUI convictions get hired, but only after several years of not being a dumbass.

I got in a *little* bit of trouble growing up, and got hired at 23 years old. It had been 5 years since my last non traffic charge and two years since my last traffic ticket.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Why not just lay it out there, what are we talking about? If you are afraid or unwilling to tell a bunch of random people on the internet, your really not going to like answering questions from a defense attorney about em.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Dave doesn't post much...doubt he's gonna spill the beans about his convictions.

I'll check back if he does though.

Users who are viewing this thread