Worried about my 04 Cobra

SVTFeltonPA

Established Member
OK..here is my story

I bought my 04 Cobra 2 weeks ago with 49k miles..The car itself is in great condition..the guy really took care of it..but i just got done talking to a guy who only works on mustangs and he scared the **** out of me..he told me these cars only last around 60-70k miles and i just wrapped 21k into this car. What are your thoughts about this year and how much use can i really expect out of the car?. If its true what he said then i guess i need to think about unloading this car already..im not trying to replace this engine when i still have 15k on my loan..Thanks for all you thoughts and replys

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
Does the person that gave you this info own a cobra? and how many cobras does he know about that only lasted 70k miles. There are a few members in here that have well over 100k miles on their cars already and still running strong.

divided

Established Member
Yep that's true. When they hit 60K miles they explode. It's like a hidden timer or something.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
these engines are bullet proof. you got nothing to worry about

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
The guy is full of it. There is one guy on here with over 250,000 miles on his and it is still going strong. There are several people over 70,000 miles with pulleys and tunes and even ts that are fine.

mysterio

Established Member
What mods do you have on it? Did the guy spot something on yours, like nitrous or something, that he had experience with in the past that would cause him to say that?

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
you have nothing to worry about. make sure the tune is good and change the oil. there is no person who can tell how long and engine will last. doesnt matter modded/nitrous etc.anyone can guess. if he really can then he should go buy a powerball ticket

SVTFeltonPA

Established Member
What mods do you have on it? Did the guy spot something on yours, like nitrous or something, that he had experience with in the past that would cause him to say that?

Yea, there is a dry nitrous system installed and I really have no idea how much it was used..I know that he did dyno the vehicle mulitple times that i have records of but he told me it was never raced at the track..I would honestly like to take the nitrous off the car and just sell it.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
like everyone said, that douche doesnt know what he's talking about. i love when people think they know everything and are 100% wrong. my car is going on 50k and has been twin screwed for 30k of the 50k miles and still drives like the day it came off the assembly line. just take care of it and you're fine. the only thing you have to worry about are brakes, clutches, tires, halfshafts and belts :)

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
Maintained it will run well over 100k no problem. I wouldn't sweat it.

mrose75

Established Member
Hold on a sec while I get bullsh!t on the phone.....:bs: I don't know who it is that told you that, but he is full of it. Did he have a bright red nose and big @ss shoes? Cause he's definately a clown!! Who produces a car in this day and age that craps out at 70K? I don't even think Kia's crap out that soon. Word of advice, don't let him work on your car. :kaboom:

Last edited by a moderator:

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
He's right, I'll give you 5k for it right now and take the risk...

In all seriousness...get the tune checked, pull the dry shot off, and enjoy. Do a compression and leak down test if it would make you feel better.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Hold on a sec while I get bullsh!t on the phone.....:bs: I don't know who it is that told you that, but he is full of it. Did he have a bright red nose and big @ss shoes? Cause he's definately a clown!! Who produces a car in this day and age that craps out at 70K? I don't even think Kia's crap out that soon. Word of advice, don't let him work on your car. :kaboom:

+1
Don't let this guy work on your car.

Users who are viewing this thread