Worn out brake pads...what to use?

TruBluLightning

Sellout
Established Member
Hey guys. I was cruising with the window down yesterday and i stopped at a stop sign and I felt/heard a noise coming from the fornt of my truck. Sounds and feels like the brake pads are starting to go south. I have about 47k on my truck now with stock brakes. I have ben pretty hard on them to when I go the track. Gotta make the first turn-off. :-D Anyways I need some new pads and was wondering what you guys use. Now I don't want anything fancy just some good stock replacement pads that wont make to big of a mess to my rims. I called around for some prices and they ranged from $20 all the way up to $90. Ford wanted $103 for the stock ones!!! :eek: Any advice would be appreciated.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
do Not Use Any Ceramic Pads!!!

28850-843-23182.jpg

Ceramic pads cause too much heat, warp rotors, and have serious fade problems. Almost killed myself and a guy on a bike.

Last edited:

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
do Not Use Any Ceramic Pads!!!

28850-843-23182.jpg

Ceramic pads cause too much heat, warp rotors, and have serious fade problems. Almost killed myself and a guy on a bike.

ive told people this time and time again but they dont listen to me...

HAWK hps here

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Hawk Superduty here, works well but Hawks tend to be dusty.

And BTW you aren't hard on brakes until you go through a set of pads in a day or two. :eek: :pepper: :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread