Worlds First Hardtop Convertible Mustang

mustang john

Established Member
Not the first, i remember a company that sold convertible hardtop conversions for 65-66 mustangs about 15-20 years ago. It was around $10k to get it done, not many were done since most 65-66 stangs were worth less than the conversion cost. It does look like a nice clean conversion on that 5.0 thou.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Not the first, i remember a company that sold convertible hardtop conversions for 65-66 mustangs about 15-20 years ago. It was around $10k to get it done, not many were done since most 65-66 stangs were worth less than the conversion cost. It does look like a nice clean conversion on that 5.0 thou.

Yeah they also had a few rare 94-95 cobras with that option, I kno a guy on this forum and sn95forums.com, that owned a few cobra R's 93,95,00 r's, and few other rare mustangs, he owned I think 2 hard top cobras I think they were for 1994 and all black

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
I have never seen this, or any other hardtop convertible mustang before. I have to say that i am thoroughly impressed. They did a damn good job on that. The color is gorgeous too.

Last edited:

Svt Fox

Established Member
c6e4e185-634a-088b.jpg

I agree that it was done very well however, imho, I don't like the way it looks with the top up. It's like it's to sn95- ish.

Ironhand

Banned
It looks like they pulled the mechanism off of a Merc. It looks strangely familiar to me.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Lol alright people, so it isnt the first hardtop mustang, we got it. In this day and age its damn near hard to be first at anything. Doesn't make it any less badass.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Some validity to it being the worlds first.

The others produced on the SN-95 cars were not retractable automatically and had to be stored in one solid piece off the vehicle. This is in fact the first fully retractable hard top mustang I have ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread