World War Z..

bam

Established Member
Knowing how much many of you love zombies, I feel confident recommending this book. It's about a global war against the undead but, more so, about human nature and what we'll do to survive. The story unfolds through the accounts of those involved in some capacity or another with the war, and the aggregate is a bleak, but believable, alternate reality.

Great book, pretty well-written... hard to put down. Written by Max Brooks, author of The Zombie Survival Guide, which I plan to read soon.

Sounds like a good book. I heard Max Brooks being interviewed on Coast to Coast AM about his book. Sounds entertaining.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
ill have to check it out. i enjoy zombie stuff,

one i read not too long ago that i liked was CELL by Stephen King, it was a zombie kinda thing.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I was almost done with the Zombie Survival Guide. But someone at work jacked it. It was an entertaining book. But I had to skip some of the survival parts to read the stories because it got slightly repetitive.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It is on my short list of books I plan on reading. I recommend CELL by Stephen King. A great book with a twist on Zombies.

The plot concerns a New England artist struggling to reunite with his young son after a mysterious signal broadcast over the global cell-phone network turns the majority of his fellow humans into mindless vicious animals. -Wiki

-Jeff

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I bought World War Z but I haven't read it yet.
I just finished Day by Day Armageddon by J. L. Bourne which was a great book.
I highly recommend it to those that haven't already read it.

DBDACover721-1.jpg

Last edited:

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
I have the book and am reading it now
I also really like the series the morning star strain...
http://www.themorningstarsaga.com/stories.html

There ARE 2 BOOKS AND THE AUTHOR WAS ALMOST FINISHED WITH THE 3rd (damn caps lock) and i had been in email contact with him and hadn't heard anything since last year. I went to the forums on his site and he had DIED. Family is looking for a writer to finish it up so they can release the last book.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OARmqz48Mh0"]YouTube- Re: Your Brains by Jonathan Coulton Song and Lyrics[/ame]

SlowLNF

Established Member
Amazing book. Definitely one of my favorites. Max Brooks is a great author and this book is a must read for anyone who enjoys zombie scenarios.

Users who are viewing this thread