World of Wheels Game Question

Homebrew

Established Member
I have a oddball question for you guys. Do any of you remember a game that that they used to have at the world of wheels where 2 people raced against each other based on the ability to shift quickly? I don't think there were wheels or pedals or anything, just a seat and a shifter. No tree. In front on the wall were 2 series of horizontal LED lights, 1 row for each player. The LED's were in one row for each player, but sectioned into different colors. I believe you were supposed to shift at each color change. The LED's would light in sequence and if you didn't shift at the color change it would stop at the last LED that had lighted until you did shit. If you shifted before the color change, again it would stop at the last LED that lighted until you shifted back then continue like normal (shift at each color change). I think this was how it worked. My memory is a bit hazy since I haven't played the game for probably 10 years or more and I'm not sure if it even appears at the world of wheels anymore. My question is does anyone know what the name of this game was? I ask because what I'd like to do is either buy a smaller scale version or build my own at about the same scale. I'm sure it's not too involved, but electronics design is not my strong point. I can assemble the components fine, but designing it is my problem. I'm hoping to find someone that has built one, or at least somewhere I can purchase something comparable. I've tried googling a few different subjects but haven't found anything remotely related, but maybe I'm just not searching for the right thing. Hopefully that is where you guys come in. If anyone has info related to this, the name of the game, the company that produced it, someone who made something similiar, you're buddies name who played the game 20 years ago, anything at all related, I'd greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

-Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread