working out the bugs at the track with the turbos

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Well, I went to Richmond for street night last night to see what the new intake would do. Everything is the same from the last time I went to VMP and could only muster a 12.2@ 128 (car only dyno'd 620hp). 17.5#'s, pump gas, and 13* timing, 17" M+H DR's and 4.10 gears. This time, still with no 2 step, the car was still a pig off the line. I also think Ed may have dropped my rev limiter down to 7k rpm accidentally, because any time I waited to see my shift light at 6900 rpm, it would hit the limiter and cut out for a second. The last pass I revved the car a few times right before launch and it helped tremendously, but 1st gear went by real quick, so I hit the limiter again. So once I put the 2 step on, I will probably drop down from the 4.1 gear to a 3.73, and see how the turbos like that. My clutch was also acting up on the way to the track, but seemed alright once I got there, it may be slipping a bit up top though, cause the MPH still seems a bit soft. The car dyno'd 698 hp last time I was on it.

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2nd-track-attempt-with_710653.htm]2nd track attempt with the turbos - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
What intake did you go with?.......I would go with 3.55 or 3.31 gears...

Nice times btw...

Last edited:

yellow03vert

Established Member
Did you ever find out why your car was dynoing low? My car dynos low and I am trying to figure out what it could be because I am having the same issues you were.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
What intake did you go with?.......I would go with 3.55 or 3.31 gears...

Nice times btw...
I went with a ported 01 Cobra intake. The car picked up 210 hp at 5k rpm from the Procharger intake, but still only made 698 hp on 17.5#'s and 13-14* My tuner said the gear ratio graph and the rpm graph didnt match up on the dyno either, so he thought there was either wheel spin, or clutch slip. The clutch does act bad when it's cold, but it seems to be OK once it's warmed up.
I really don't want to go lower than 3.73's, because with my Viper spec tranny and the 28" tires I run, my car doesn't hit 2k rpm in 6th til almost 80 mph even with the 4.10's. So if I go lower than 3.73's, I will never be able to use 6th.
Did you ever find out why your car was dynoing low? My car dynos low and I am trying to figure out what it could be because I am having the same issues you were.

Not really, it picked up quite a bit, but I still feel like I should at least be over 750 on my current boost and timing levels. I'm gonna add a couple more degrees of timing and see what that does.

Last edited:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Here is another pass from Friday. It was horrible off the line, but you can hear how quiet the car is even though it has a full 3" off road exhaust with 3" straight through Magnaflow mufflers.

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Quiet-Hellion-TT-pass_711397.htm]Quiet Hellion TT pass - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Here is an in car video on the street.

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/In-car-video-on-the_711604.htm]In car video on the street. - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread