Working at dealers in Ft Worth?

Whitehorse

Gearhead
Established Member
Are there any techs on here that work in the service dept for any of the Ford dealers in the Ft Worth Area?

If so, Please PM me I've got some questions about the local dealers.

Mika

Established Member
What do you want done to your Cobra? Mod question? FWIW, I took my L in to Park Cities Ford, and they diagnosed a squeak I had in the rear of my truck and aligned it the same day. Very good service.

Mika

Whitehorse

Gearhead
Established Member
I am looking at going back into the dealer life.. I tried to get out- Lasted almost two years. I just moved down here a few months ago and things with the new career haven't been going well. I'm trying to get as much info about the dealers in this area as I can. I would really love to go back into the performance side of the business but I haven't been able to find anything that would pay enough and have decent benefits. So I'm probably going to go back to work for a dealer and do performance work on the side again. I just want to find out as much about the dealers down here as I can to make sure If I have to do this it is for the best possible dealer to work for.

Last edited:

MTI LS1

I have not heard of any good dealers around here, and have yet to take my car to be serviced up here.

You would love Lief Johnson in Austin, they know how to do it right!!!!

Whitehorse

Gearhead
Established Member
Grand Prairie Ford?

I happened to see a truck towing a trailer today with www.texasperformanceford.com on the side of it. It turns out this is a link for Grand Prairie Ford. Apparently they are a Roush dealer- Does anyone know if there is any more to the story? Anyone been down there for service?

RedfireSVT

Established Member
Grand Prairie Ford carries alot of performance cars Roush, Saleen, SVT etc. I've never personally dealt with them though, just visited the lot a few times. You may also try North Texas Nissan in Corinth, it's basically part of Denton. For some reason they are big into performance cars. They usually have about 8 to 10 stangs on their lot. And when I say stangs I mean highly modded cars. Lots of Cobras, 05 Saleens, Vipers, Vettes etc. Cars that were modded at HPP in Lewisville seem to wind up there. Might be worth a look.

Whitehorse

Gearhead
Established Member
From what I've heard though they deal with them pretty much on the Sales basis only. All the performance work gets done at HPP. I met a guy a few months ago when I was selling my Cobra that ended up buying a very heavily modified Saleen from NTN. The previous owner had dumped a lot of money into the car and apparantly it had been to several different shops trying to sort it out. The new buyer had nothing but problems with the car. Some of them due to the fact that It was VERY heavily modified, some of them I sure were self inflicted. The two months after he bought the car it basically was bounced between NTN and HPP trying to sort out the problems- he would get the car back- drive it for a day or two and something else would break on it. I think they ended up trading him out of it and putting him into an 03/04 stock Cobra.

Whitehorse

Gearhead
Established Member
Are there any Ford Dealers in the FT Worth area to stay away from? Anyone had issues with them denying warranty due to mods? Or just blowing you off because you're car was modded?

Users who are viewing this thread