Working a Group Purchase for Pro 5.0 Shifter for the 03 Cobra

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Greetings,

Trying to setup a group purchase for the Pro 5.0 Shifter for the T-56 in our '03 Cobra. Nothing finalized as of yet. I'm floating this first announcement to see if there is any interest and to see if I get bounced by the moderators. (since I'm not sure if I can do this here :dw: )

[email protected]

or

reply to this post if interested.

Tks

mm49

Established Member
I coordinated the MagnaFlow Group Buy. The Moderators are very Helpful wiht Group Buy Options. But I would definately get there approval First. My .02 cents worth.

Thanks,

JL

Last edited:

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
JL,
Thanks..... :dw:

It is a tad late to ask now eh?

I'm counting on one of the mods reading this and either squashing me or guiding me. (I hope the latter as you might imagine)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I'll pass word along to Steve-O, I don't think there is a problem, but again he's da man.....

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
for those of you who can't read smilies, that's a good to go from the Tom-mister

coleman

Established Member
sign me up for one... i missed a shift badly yesterday showing off :( and a Pro 5.0 should at least help prevent that to some degree!
now, looks like i'll have to get a different handle though, cuz the stock Pro 5.0 handle would be too much of a reach...

+MGW handle maybe? or Steeda handle? thoughts?

count me in! ... i've been putting this off long enough.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Thanks Tom :beer:

Coleman... Ok gotcha... will know by the end of week the final price arrangements etc... and then we go from there.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
let me know too, i have not recieved my 03 cobra yet...heck i just ordered it last week!!!! but still wanna get a pro 5.0.
please let me know the details, thanks

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Jmir,

Will do.... got both your names here.. and when I have all the "bids" in I will know what the numbers are. Then we can all decide if it is good enough to go ahead with.

Hammer

Established Member
I'm in.

Actually, I'm FINALLY getting pretty good with the stock shifter. But, after all, how can you leave an ALMOST perfect 03 Cobra without a Power Tower Pro 5.0 shifter??

I am in but would need it ASAP (before Bowling Green).

Hammer

Established Member
Actually, I would need it within a week. Bowling Green is the weekend of the 27th. If that's too soon, don't worry about me. I'll buy one retail.

Moonlight96GT

Established Member
FYI - I would consider saving some $$$ and just using the handle from your favorite aftermarket shifter. With a T56, you really don't need the entire thing. It has built in stops unlike the T45 and you would have to remove the stops from any aftermarket shifter base anyway according to Tremec's website.

We put the pro50 handle on stock shifter, 100% better, and no more missing 3rd. Also tried a friends stock shifter with Steeda handle, same outcome.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Final Numbers...

Ok....

The deal I got right now... $185 includes shipping.... Pro 5.0.

People I have committed

Coleman
Jmir
GFScot
Hammer
FlashSVT
Randal

and I'm in for 2 (well one for a TKO in my Fairlane)

Can I get a nod from each of you one more time that we are a go. I am sending an email right after this (and I'm pretty sure I'll have a reply tonite) to see if we can meet Hammer's requirements for one before Bowling Green)

Moonlight96GT

Established Member
Another thing to think about if you are warranty conscious....a handle can't void a transmission warranty if something happens, but they can pull that void stuff if you replace the shifter technically.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread