work pictures... post pics of your profession!

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Active Duty AirForce, 16 years.

I'm currently a Production Superintendent in charge of all Flightline Maintenance & Personel for a Fleet of twenty-one F-22A Raptors in Alaska. One hell of a job........

Airlines.net spotter snapped this photo when we stopped into Portugal for a layover.

2219329.jpg

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Actuve Dity AirForce, 16 years.

I'm currently a Production Superintendent in charge of all Flightline Maintenance & Personel for a Fleet of twenty-one F-22A Raptors in Alaska. One hell of a job........

Airlines.net spotter snapped this photo when we stopped into Portugal for a layover.

Are those birds still having issues with the onboard oxygen systems or is that way old news?

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Im a Firefighter/Paramedic...excuse the old bunker gear lol these pictures are from academy. Im actually going through the final steps of the hiring process right now with Tampa Fire Rescue and hope to be started in early september...More pictures to come then..

3.jpg

IMG_4108.jpg

Cobra.jpg
lol, I went to the same FA. Good ol' SEPSI.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Short answer, yes.

Short answer is NO. I deal with the Aircraft directly and manage flying programs daily, I determine what fly's, and what doesn't. I can tell you up front that there hasn't been a single Oxygen system related "issue" which the pilot reported physiological symptoms in well over 18 months and counting which includes thousands of flying hours all over the Air Force as a whole.

Are those birds still having issues with the onboard oxygen systems or is that way old news?

Old news See above :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: Badass Jet, nuff said

Last edited:

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Short answer is NO. I deal with the Aircraft directly and manage flying programs daily, I determine what fly's, and what doesn't. I can tell you up front that there hasn't been a single Oxygen system related "issue" which the pilot reported physiological symptoms in well over 18 months and counting which includes thousands of flying hours all over the Air Force as a whole.

Not trying to be a smartass but im just curious what your take on my friends death is? RIP Captain Jeff Haney.

DoD: Air Force Wrong to Blame F-22 Pilot Jeff Haney for Crash - ABC News

JeremyAlan

Naked SVT Poster
Established Member
Old news See above :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: Badass Jet, nuff said

News outlets like to have a story. Just like with the CV, they won't report the positive things. Positive stuff doesn't boost ratings. It doesn't help that these new airframes are the DOD's most expensive programs.

Saleen4971

Established Member
i work at a group home for adults with autism. not legally allowed to post pictures of them. the only other thing of "interest" woudl be the sheer amount of feces and urine i have to clean up. i dont take pictures of that.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Not trying to be a smartass but im just curious what your take on my friends death is? RIP Captain Jeff Haney.

DoD: Air Force Wrong to Blame F-22 Pilot Jeff Haney for Crash - ABC News

Sorry for the loss of your friend 1st and foremost.

I was there at work that night when the jet didnt come back. Everyone in the Bulldogs including the maintainers lost of member of their family that night. There isnt a day I dont come into work as I walk by the AF125 Tailflash dedicated in his honor that I dont think about that day.

My take on the situation is that is was tragic, but its an inherit risk with the line of work. I wasnt in the cockpit, I cant tell you what happened.

I wont discuss my thoughts and sentiments here, if you would like to PM feel free to. I will say this though.... I speak solely from facts and what I experience daily with interaction on the operations side of the house. I see EVERYTHING that is wrong with these jets, and I make the calls to fly or not to fly. I sign my name saying the aircraft is safe to fly, and I am comfortable doing that. I do not put unsafe aircraft in the air, nor would aircrew get in the seat if it was unsafe. If this jet was unsafe, I wouldnt sign my name to the forms daily, BOTTOM LINE.

This is what the DOD IG found which was labeled as "slammed" by News Outlets.

DoD IG - Reports and Publications - DODIG-2013-041
The AIB report contains the following deficiencies.

•The AIB report cites three causal factors (channelized attention, breakdown of visual scan, and unrecognized spatial disorientation) as the cause of the F-22 mishap. However, these three factors are separate, distinct, and conflicting. The AIB report does not clearly explain their interrelationship and how it is possible that all three factors concurrently caused the mishap. Failure to adequately explain this interrelationship calls into question the AIB Statement of Opinion regarding the cause of the mishap.

•The AIB report’s determination that the mishap pilot’s mask was in the full up position throughout the mishap sequence was not adequately supported by the Summary of Facts or by the analysis cited in the TABs. This determination directly affected several conclusions of the AIB and precluded the analysis of other potential causes of the mishap. Failure to provide adequate facts or analysis to support this determination calls into question the AIB finding.

•The AIB report’s Non-Contributory portion of the Human Factors section inadequately analyzes the human factors listed, such as hypoxia, gravity-induced loss of consciousness, and sudden incapacitation and does not contain any references and/or supporting documentation. Without detailed analysis and proper documentation, it is unclear how the AIB determined that these factors did not contribute to the mishap.

•The AIB report lacked detailed analysis of several areas, such as the Emergency Oxygen System activation as well as the physiological reactions to lack of oxygen.

•Of the 109 references in the AIB report’s Summary of Facts, 60 of those references were either incorrect or did not direct the reader of the AIB report to the information cited in the paragraph

Last edited:

clbailey

Established Member
Also used to work in the Air Force on the F22, doing sheet metal, composite, and stealth coatings maintenance.

Now I bang metal on rotary wings for the Army in Afghanland.

by9uqajy.jpg

yzyvenaz.jpg

ume3apuh.jpg

klr16G

Established Member
Im a union plumber I would post pics but I'm currently working at the kaiser off of sunset and edgemount down town LA and there are always security watching us...

Users who are viewing this thread