Work off Thanksgiving dinner at VIR!

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
Intermediate/Advanced group is sold out, but there is still room in the Beginner and Solo groups. Not only do you get a great track experience, but you get to look at Kevin's (brkntrxn) and my ugly mugs as we're working the event.

Here is the schedule. Check out the ton of track time for the solo group!!!
1018648658_M4iF3-XL.png

Last edited:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Here is another blurp on the event:

The Tryptophan Recovery Plan is back @ VIR; Sun. Nov. 28 & Mon. 29, 2010

Asphalt Ventures again delivers the stuff of HPDE/Lapping Day legend! The popular post Thanksgiving VIR track event that promotes advanced driving skills with tons of track time is back! Like last year it again opens its doors to Novices! This time, "the plan" has been expanded to [2] days, and garnishes the traditional Monday fare of the VIR (3.25 mile) Full Course lapping day with a Sunday afternoon serving of wet skid pad work and the rare appetizer of the 1.1 mile VIR Patriot Course!

Time to drive it like you stole it? Learn how, and do it! Registration is open on Motorsportsreg.com and via the Asphalt Ventures Tryptophan Recovery Plan web link. The setting is the gorgeous Virginia International Raceway facility (Alton VA), a premiere North American motorsports destination. The event fees are offered in the usual Asphalt Ventures “more than reasonable” structure. No other track group offers the AV menu of value – track time, event options & pro instruction - all at an exceedingly reasonable cost. High value & high speed together again!

Registration closes Nov. 25th, but don’t wait, the AV Tryptophan Recovery Plan Track Event traditionally fills quickly, as do the supporting VIR lodging facilities.

Beginners -- This is your chance to ease into the track experience. On Sunday, you will get classroom and skid pad sessions to learn the basics of car control. Then you will head to Patriot Course for a few sessions with an in-car instructor. On Monday, you will continue your fun with classroom and on-track, in-car instruction on Full Course.

Intermediate/Advanced, Solo and Instructors -- Plenty of track time on both days and some of the best classroom and seminar topics in the nation from Chuck Hawks and Peter Krause.

AV website: What are your high performance driving goals?

Event Details and Registration: MotorsportReg.com : Asphalt Ventures, LLC announces 2010 Tryptophan Recovery Plan (Sun 28 - Mon 29 Nov, 2010) info at Virginia International Raceway, Alton, VA 24520 (4687)

Or you can PM me for information via this forum.

-Kevin

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Ed,

Good to have you. I have requested Stacy to pair you with a guy that works for my wife. He recently bought an 06 Stage 1 Roush (that I pre-approved, haha) and has never driven on track. Great guy, level-headed and very excited about the event.

I tech'ed his car last week, flushed the brake fluid with synthetic, etc. His brake pads are OEM looking, but with a lot of material left. I am going to get him to buy another set of street pads to have along, but I could not justify telling him to by track pads for his first event, especially with running Patriot Course on Sunday. We'll keep an eye on them though.

-Kevin

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread