work boots

svtdvm

NEWB
Established Member
I need a good pair of work boots/shoes for working in the garage. What do you guys recommend as a good overall shoe/boot for auto mechanics?

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I've always had good luck with Danners. Once you get em broke in they give great support and are comfortable.

svtdvm

NEWB
Established Member
Last edited:

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I usually end up using my bates military issued steel toed boots... can't beat the price! :p
Although, I have been considering trying some redwings out.. I'm just very picky about how they fit and feel.

SVT GT

Established Member
Red Wings! FTW! a bit more money but they are American Made and last for years.

I have been buying them since 1990 and stand by them proudly. Buy one pair and they will last at least 2 years. I just purchased two pairs this year one for work and one for play. Plus I had my old ones resoled so I can just use them for work around the house or working on my truck or Mustang.
Mine usually last about 4 / 4 and a half years to 6 and I'm in commercial construction so they see their fair share of abuse...concrete dust, thick mud, dirt, water to steam tunnels, oil, some chemicals, and plastic primer/glue. Follow their instructions on how to take care of them and you will be surprised.
They are made of a think leather so you will have better protection from penetration then most boots, well I should say my style of boot is. They have the boot you want/need look through their catalog and they will help you.
If you need them to be resoled, after a while of use, they will do it for 50 to 75 bucks. They also give a discount to Union members. Good luck in your decision

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
I wear Rocky's. I wear the western roper style with Gortex lining, has the electrical shock rated soles. By far the most comfortable boots I have ever worn.... and I've had em all. The only downfall is they will run ya about 160.00-170.00 bucks. But... I won't own another brand of boots after these.

Kyle

VAMPIR3

Established Member
Georgia Boot. There Steel toe, stylish, and comfortable as hell:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread