WOOT 335s have arrived!!!

blkstangman88

Established Member
im excited lol and yes i know whats involved to make em fit lol

1026091548.jpg

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
You realize the added weight of those huge tires will probably make you slower, right?

I'm sure it'll look nice though...

uofipilot

Established Member
Damn son. Those are big. I remember how excited I was when the UPS guy arrived with my 315s. He delivered the wheels the day before, and was rather impressed with the size of the tires. Should look pretty mean.

BraMas

Established Member
I'm sure they will look cool. But I have a ? and I promise I'm not being a Dick. Why 335's? Isn't that they same thing we pick on the import crowd about adding parts to there cars that have 0 performance improvements and in reality do nothing or slow it down. They just put parts on there cars to make them look fast. Again I'm just asking so please don't get pissed:beer:

Blu50Stang

Happiness is being blown
Established Member
I'm sure they will look cool. But I have a ? and I promise I'm not being a Dick. Why 335's? Isn't that they same thing we pick on the import crowd about adding parts to there cars that have 0 performance improvements and in reality do nothing or slow it down. They just put parts on there cars to make them look fast. Again I'm just asking so please don't get pissed:beer:

Not trying to speak for someone else, but the reason Im interested in stepping up from my current tires is the simple fact that all the power in the world means very little if you can't get it to the ground.

blkstangman88

Established Member
i have my own idea of building a car. im working backwards. y build a, lets say 700hp car with a weak tranny and rear end? i built my rear axle last summer and thes tires r my final upgrade before moving to upgrade my tranny. i have a teskid block and P.P. b heads in my closet ready to be built but im not rdy for that yet.

as for slowing me down. i relize its added wt but im not putting 295s on a 10.5 wide rim, (i wanted to stick with BFG) that would just look HORRIBLE. i like the lil bit of buldge, and yes ive seen them in person and know how much buldge there will b. loosing a lil bit of top end doesnt bother me when i build my axle with 4.30s to launch off of.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
this doesnt make sense, no matter how wide those tires are your still not going to hook. those are Street tires, not drag radials. Was a rather pointless purchase
considering 315 MTs will outhook you. you should of just went with some nice MTs and you would of been set.

Last edited:

blkstangman88

Established Member
i wanted them to last awhile dude. my parents dont buy me anything or pay my rent or my collage. i hafta save. and buying D/R every yr isnt my thing right now. I LIKED THEM, I GOT THEM. end of story. i know the pros and cons of these tires so deal.

ill have ass shots once there installed. hopfully have it done this weekend. thanx for those that are POSITIVE of a budget build

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
this doesnt make sense, no matter how wide those tires are your still not going to hook. those are Street tires, not drag radials. Was a rather pointless purchase
considering 315 MTs will outhook you. you should of just went with some nice MTs and you would of been set.

275s MTs would outhook those 335's..

not trying to hate, i'm just saying buying them on the basis that you "need" a bigger tire to get the power to the ground isn't a good reason to buy those tires since they are still just a street tire and not a drag radial or better.

blkstangman88

Established Member
trust me i know. ive done the research. once i get my engine built ill b switching to D/R. but while im in school i need these tires to last till im done.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i think they are going to look bada$$. if they don't hook they will still look pretty cool.

blkstangman88

Established Member
Roll fenders, flip/remove quad shocks, beat down anything sharp in the well. my mandrel bent piping mite b in the way also. sooooo i may have dumps till i relocate it hahaha even louder

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
It's his car- he can do what he wants. I can't wait to see pics... I think it'll look sick.

19cobra98

Established Member
^^^ what Wynn said, it's your car, people do stuff to enhance the looks of there car all the time including tire size so no need to bash, going to look killer man :rockon:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Very nice, i will be dumping my 295 kdw2's for some 315 G-force dr's. I know MT's are better but i want them to match my front kdw'2.I am tired of not being able to hook.

Edit- Steam rollers.
1021725.jpg

1001243o.jpg

cimg2116.jpg

Last edited:

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
I think it will look great. Regardless of how better the mickeys will hook, still better than what was on there before I am sure. I am stock, but with 4.56 gears, and would LOVE some tires like these. I would like to hook in 2nd some day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread