Wooo Hooo 4.3s going in tomorrow.

XR8XTC

Established Member
4.3s going in tomorrow and I really cant wait to see how it goes after its done. Is it really that good a mod on these Cobra's like everyone says?

SVT1994

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Ive heard that it is. My brother has a '96 that he's planning 4.10's for so keep us posted on the results :)

luke87gt

Established Member
One of the best mod you can do to a N/A DOHC...

I've had mine for about 9 months now and believe that this is how they should have come from the factory.

Don't be surprised if you have driveline vibes at high speed with steep gears. My car needed an aluminum shaft to cure it.

SVTeeshirt

Established Member
One of the best mod you can do to a N/A DOHC...

I've had mine for about 9 months now and believe that this is how they should have come from the factory.

Don't be surprised if you have driveline vibes at high speed with steep gears. My car needed an aluminum shaft to cure it.

im about to do it as well.

How much was your alum driveshaft?

XR8XTC

Established Member
Sounds all good then. I was just worried as never done this on a manual before. Did 3.73 on my Auto Z28 LS1 and was happy with it. I just bought FRPP Aluminium D/Shaft for $299.00 will fit that soon. Should I fit D/Shaft before or after Dyno Tune?
BTW All this is being done here in New Zealand. I know Sig says Japan but I live in both.

Last edited:

XR8XTC

Established Member
Ok picked her up and just got back from 400km long slow drive to wear them in. Feels interesting and cant wait to start blasting it haha. Two bad points so far are that at about the 300km mark of the drive the check engine light came on and a viberation felt when stationary in neutral gear.
Anyone know if the Aluminium D/Shaft will fix this vibration?

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
My car has a vibration at 120 mph. You guys say this is likely because of the gears?

XR8XTC

Established Member
Its going to get Dyno tuned monday so I will get engine light fixed then. What would cause statioanary vibe you think?:shrug:

cobra_neill

Established Member
Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Its going to get Dyno tuned monday so I will get engine light fixed then. What would cause statioanary vibe you think?:shrug:

misfire of some description? maybe caused by some old plug wires? idle air control valve? does the engine light flash or stay on full? if it flashes it shows a misfire. its hard to say for definate without pulling the codes.

Users who are viewing this thread