WOOHOO New clutch installed!!!

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
Just picked the car up from chicane and I must say I am loving the pedal feel, no chatter, smooth shifts, and the shifter is much quieter than before. (use to have a gear like noise all the time) The stock clutch that came out looked BAD, burn marks, TOB came out in 3 pieces, Flywheel was burned up ect. Now the hard part of not getting on it for 500 miles

gibsonboy3000

Established Member
i have the same set up... it felt great for like a week... then got hard and stiff like d stock clutch... "/ now it squeals if i slip it to much...

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
i have the same set up... it felt great for like a week... then got hard and stiff like d stock clutch... "/ now it squeals if i slip it to much...

Dont say that!!! The reason I took it to chicane was to have it done right so I dont have problems. ( and my buddy who was going to help broke his leg) but still now you got me worried

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
The puck style clutches have a tendency to squeal. It's just the nature of the disc material, being semi-metallic and all. Break it in VERY good. Lots of pedal time with little torque (not that that's much of an option with termi's, but try, anyhow) and city driving for at least 400-500 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread