Woohoo banks are finally open!

Snoopy49

Established Member
Is it true that only SVT dealers, or what ever it is called now, can sell SVT vehicles? This may explain the large allocations, fewer dealers more allocations.

blk02edge

Established Member
Your perspective is your reality so see it as you may. In this case the strength of your dollar and how government revenues are generated via taxation, etc, have a direct impact on the price point of a vehicle import. There is plenty more at play, absolutely.
Kind of. But If you look at f150 and ranger prices it is not in line with us vs can dollar.

Snoopy49

Established Member
For comparison. The conversion factor doesn't jive with the prices, probably because it is constantly changing.
Canadian vs US 2019 GT350
Base price with AC Tax and Freight Fee - $77,450 CND $60,235 USD
Racing Strip = $600 CND $475 USD
Handling Package - $1000 CND $850 USD
Tech Package - $4000 CND $2000 USD
Vehicle Cover - $475 CND
Leather-trimmed Sport Seats with Miko® Inserts - $850 CND $495 USD
Exposed Carbon Fibre Instrument Panel - $850 CND $500 USD

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
For comparison.
Canadian vs US 2019 GT350
Base price with AC Tax and Freight Fee - $77,450 CND $60,235 USD
Racing Strip = $600 CND $475 USD
Handling Package - $1000 CND $850 USD
Tech Package - $4000 CND 2000 USD
Vehicle Cover - $475 CND
Not sure. US base R is 67k usd, Can base R is 85k cad. Which is 2k lower than the conversion.

Gt500 base is 74kusd to 124kcad which is 30k MORE than the conversion. I get a feeling that sheet Cobra99 posted is wrong and was the CF track pack price or a hidden ADM

A CF track pack car should cost about 120k cad

Snoopy49

Established Member
Checkout the price spread on these options, hard to explain.

Tech Package - $4000 CND $2000 USD
Vehicle Cover - $475 CND

Snoopy49

Established Member
Not sure. US base R is 67k usd, Can base R is 85k cad. Which is 2k lower than the conversion.

Gt500 base is 74kusd to 124kcad which is 30k MORE than the conversion. I get a feeling that sheet Cobra99 posted is wrong and was the CF track pack price or a hidden ADM

A CF track pack car should cost about 120k cad

Unlike the GT350R, there is no GT500 CF Track Package car, the track package is an option on the base car. I think you're still stuck with a unanswered question..

blk02edge

Established Member
Unlike the GT350R, there is no GT500 CF Track Package car, the track package is an option on the base car. I think you're still stuck with a unanswered question..
Yea I know, I was just using base gt350R's as a baseline for difference. Some of the numbers really dont make sense (to me) im sure it has to do with where each part is made too, they probably have every nut and bolt down to a science. Its gonna be what its gonna be but if somehow our base car costs 124k they wont be selling like hot cakes here as for that price the other cars you can buy are just... Hard to pass up a CF package car would be in the range of a 1-2 year old GT3 porsche and given the choice... Lol.

Snoopy49

Established Member
It's hard to say what the impact of the new tariffs and taxes will have on the price of cars here and there. I hope it is not long lasting.

blk02edge

Established Member
It's hard to say what the impact of the new tariffs and taxes will have on the price of cars here and there. I hope it is not long lasting.
Just did the build&price on an identicle package lariat 4x4 Ranger, get this...
43,400usd
45,037cad...

Snoopy49

Established Member
Print this out and show it to your dealer. This will prove that orders are being taken. It does not prove that the car has an allocation, without an allocation the order will not be accepted for production.
Make sure he gives you a copy of the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation and the DORA (DEALER ORDER RECEIPT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT).

2020 GT500 Order Confirmation.jpg

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Ok and anyone know if the handling package is already in the track pack?

It is. It does not contain the Gurney Flap which is only used on the base car without the big honking wing.

Carbon Fiber Track Pack
 20” Exposed Carbon Fiber Wheel
 Adjustable Strut Top Mounts
Note: Shipped separately from the vehicle for Dealer installation
 Exposed Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel
 Exposed Carbon Fiber GT4 Track Wing
 Michelin Pilot Cup Sport 2 Tires
– Front – 305/30R20
– Rear – 315/30R20
 Rear Seat Delete
 RECARO® Leather-trimmed Seats
 Splitter Wickers
 Wheel Locking Kit
Note: Heated, cooled or memory not included with RECARO®
Leather-trimmed Seats

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
No it’s not true. It used to be like that that for the 03/04 svt’s.

Today every dealer has the ability to opt in to buy the GT350 GT500. I believe it cost $1k for the privilege to sell each car each year. If you do opt in you will get at least one allocation. The 2nd/3rd allocation are based on sales presidential award winner etc.
Is it true that only SVT dealers, or what ever it is called now, can sell SVT vehicles? This may explain the large allocations, fewer dealers more allocations.

Snoopy49

Established Member
No it’s not true. It used to be like that that for the 03/04 svt’s.

Today every dealer has the ability to opt in to buy the GT350 GT500. I believe it cost $1k for the privilege to sell each car each year. If you do opt in you will get at least one allocation. The 2nd/3rd allocation are based on sales presidential award winner etc.

Sorry, I was asking about the Canadian dealers, I seem to remember that may be the case with them.

Users who are viewing this thread