Went to test and tune after work and finally got that 12 second time slip:

0.5252 sec RT
1.8455 sec 60'
5.4337 sec 330'
8.3400 sec 1/8 @ 85.00 mph
12.9678 sec 1/4 @ 106.13 mph

ts.jpg

:banana: WooHoo! :pepper:

I finally got the knack of launching with my new solid axle and 315 Nitto DRs. I can now get consistent low to mid 1.8s instead of high 1.9s and low 2.0s. (just an FYI, my 1.84 second 60' equates to an average of 1.13 g of force. Nice feeling of getting pinned back in your seat :rockon: )

Best of all, I was racing a buddy of mine with a Mach 1 who usually runs 12.8s to 13.0s. This time he ran a 13.04 @ 108.42 :-D

Last edited:

wma8706

Established Member
I was looking over your list of performance mods and was thinking that you should easily run those times....untill I noticed you were driving a heavier vert! Great job on those times...... :beer:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
quick01snake said:
wait till you see what a mid 1.7 60' feels like....LOL...congrats!

lol
great times!
ive pulled some low 1.7's and that is a awesome feeling.
it puts a whole new feeling to drag racing

J

Cobra601

Established Member
great times man :beer: ...we need some new edges posting some decent times here...NEXT STEP...11s! :rockon:

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
Thanks for all of the props guys :beer: It was an awsome feeling. I had a great launch, hit all of my shifts just right, and remember thinking to myself before I got my slip, "that run was almost perfect, so if that's not a 12 then it's just not going to happen today." Then I got my slip and saw that 12.9xxx :banana:

Both in my last car and in this one (before my solid swap and 315 drag radials) I always dreaded "the launch". At the track I couldn't wait till that part was over so that I could enjoy the rest of the run. Now the launch is my favorite part!! Feeling over a "g" of acceleration through first gear is incredible! Now I understand people's obsessions with built rear ends, slicks and crazy gears.

My next goal is to run consistent 12s; which means probably a PB in the 12.7 range. Hmmm... I need more power :burnout:

AJRED99 said:
Thats a great reaction time :rockon:
That reaction time was more luck than skill...lol! I just start my launch when I see the last yellow and they end up being anything from a 0.5x to a 0.7x

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Hell yeah bro! Awesome stuff :coolman: My latest and best run as of a couple of weeks ago (now with the pulleys and sct xcal2 tune) was a 12.2, so hopefully with the 3.90s ill see 11s. :D :thumbsup: Anyway, once again, awesome run bro. :beer:

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
01 Cobra said:
nice times. maybe one day i'll know what 12's feel like.

im with you on that :rollseyes . I cant get out of the 9's in the 1/8th. Best so far is 9.2 and my 60 foot SUCKS (2.3xx). I have to work on my launch, and my 1-2 shift. I tried feathering it as much as possible on the shifting, but she still breaks them loose too much in 2nd :-/

Ericr67

The Cobra Beast
Established Member
Nice work. If you like the way 12's feel, just wait until you feel a 10!!! Great job!

Users who are viewing this thread