Woodward dream cruise...2 Great kills!

MARK C

Established Member
Great day @ the Woodward Dream cruise! People stopping to look, and take some pics of the Cobra while it was parked.
One of the times when I took some people for a cruise, I come up to a red light. Their was a new black mustang 2 lanes over (4 lane road) I was in the middle, and a 02 or 03 Mustang GT on my right. As I slowed down for the light turned green, i was in second....the 2 mustangs both went ,but they saw me they let off as I did. I then saw the new black one was A Brand new black with red strips....GT500KR...Sweet looking car to say the least!! About a mile down the road, I'm in front of him, I slow down to around 40, he is along side me now. I hear him drop a gear, I drop to 2'nd, as soon as he hears this he jumps, I follow...I catch him and stop his pull to even it up, grap 3'rd and pull about 2 cars or so and let off and hammer on the brakes. I had 2 140 lbs girls with me, he was alone. he pulls back even with me and we give each other thumbs up!! Sweet race Made my day!!!!
On the way home I thought I saw a old shelby Mustang way in front of me. I was right, Low and behold a Sweet looking green 1968 GT350. He had the same plate as me. His said 68snake..mine:95snake. I was behind him in the left turn lane at a red light. Great looking car!!! Light runs he take off a little fast sounded real nice. We slow when he sees me..I say sweet car he smiles, I then say we have the same lic plate. He say My Cobra dos'nt sound stock. I tell him it's not, I've got a blower....I'm sure he heard it anyways. We pull to a right light, I ask if it's a 351, he says 302, I say I've got the same. Just before the light changes I tell my girl to hold on he's going to try us. He was alone. Sure enough we roll out and we both nail it @ the same time @ about 5mph...through 1'st I got a half a car, Great shift to 2'nd and walk all over him! he pulls up and says it just isn't fair.....I just laugh, and we went our sept. ways. Great race again..nice guy, Awesome Shelby!!!
Great day out on Woodward!!!

Last edited:

MARK C

Established Member
Nice kills man... I just got home from going to the cruise.

Was this your 1'st time in the cuise?

I just read a article in 5.0 mag I just got, on the GT500KR. They are only going to make 1000 this year, $79,995 plus mark up. 540 horsepower. Does anyone know how much they weight??

Digital

Established Member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Mustang#2008-2009_Ford_Shelby_GT500KR

Specifications
Front engine, RWD, 4 passenger, 2 door coupe
Supercharged DOHC 32 valve V8 engine
330 CID (5408 cc) displacement
Power: 540 hp (410 kW) (550 CV)
7 Speed Manual Transmission
3.73 differential ratio
18 x 9.5" Alcoa wheels on Goodyear F1 tires (front: P255/45ZR18 rear: 285/40/ZR18)
Tuned suspension by Shelby and Ford Racing
3,800 lb (1,700 kg) curb weight
107.1 in (2,720 mm) wheelbase
188×73.9×54.5 in (4.78×1.88×1.38 m)

Performance
0-60 mph (0-97 km/h): 4.1s
1/4 mile: 11.92s @ 120 mph (11.58 @ 122 mph on drag radials)
Torque: 510 ft.-lbs

I would rather have the SS though:
The Super Snake will offer a 605 hp 2.3L Eaton roots type supercharged version with warranty. A Kenne Bell twin-screw supercharged version with "over 725 hp" will also be available, without warranty and a 0-60 time of under 4 seconds.

Last edited:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Good kill and yep, Woodward was awesome. Where was your car parked during the event?

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
We were @ Woodward and Square Lk Rd.
Any kills on your part?? You did have your Cobra out right? Where were you at?

I took the Ranger, so no kills for me. I spent most of my time in the Ford area.

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
I was looking to make some runs saturday, but after cruising down woodward, i had a left leg that would not stop cramping up from all the clutching. I really need to go with an easier pushing clutch.

Where were your cars parked? were you parked in mustang alley? i was right across from the ford motorsports trailer by the food court. There was a Yellow 05 or 06 with big lips on the fenders and a black roof.

http://images.streetfire.net/photos/0001/17/86/1307168.jpg
http://images.streetfire.net/photos/0001/27/72/1307227.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread