Won't Start!!!

CobraComander

Established Member
98 Cobra 39000 miles

Brought her out today for the first time since November. Drove to the store a couple of miles away. Drove fine. Went to leave to work a few hours later and it stalled out in front of my house. I thought it was the battery so I tried to jump it and no luck. Switched batteries with my truck with no luck. The fuses for the fuel pump are fine. What else could it be. The starter turns, it is not vapor locked. I didn't use a fuel stabelizer. It has a third tank of gas. Thanks for your help.

Andrew

Last edited:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
This may sound stupid, but the same thing happened to me a couple of years when I left the old gas in my lawn mower all winter. Stupid thing would not start till I primed the carburator and drained the old gas out. If you have 1/3 tank of gas, fill it up and put some moisture killer in there like "Heat". Since it's FI I know you can't prime the carb, but need to get the old gas out or mixed with new fuel. Gas gets old after a couple of months of sitting. Next winter start your car about once a week and let it idle for about 10-15 minutes to burn some gas and keep a charge.

Users who are viewing this thread