Wondering about the '95 Cobra R market

Paul Murphy

I'm helping a friend of mine sell his 1995 Cobra R. It has about 950 miles on the clock, garage kept and hasn't left the garage for about a decade. I've been looking around, and I've noticed that values on the '95 Cobra R have recently shot up. I'm just wondering if values are expected to go up more (we should wait to sell), or if this is just a recent spike and now is the time to sell.

Attached is a screenshot of the value graph from Hagerty

-Paul

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 2.56.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 2.56.33 PM.png
    350.9 KB · Views: 160

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I think all 3 years have the patential to creep upwards. Low-volume desirable cars tend to do that. The real question is how far/how fast and that's anyone's guess.

I have seen quite a few 95R's on eBay. I'm not sure if they are selling for the asking price, but search eBay and include listings that have ended. That should give you some pricing ideas.

Last edited:

TFStang

Established Member
Clean fully documented 95R with under 1K miles that doesn't have a leaky bladder (must have been changed or had a tank swap) should pull $30K. As to whether or not those numbers will go up or down....that's anyone's guess as they do tend to yo yo quite a bit.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I think asking prices have gone up, but actual sale prices have stayed pretty stable as mentioned around $30k. The 95 still lags behind the appreciation that the 00, and especially the 93 have seen over the last year or 2.

nmp1

Established Member
At this point it's extremely unlikely there will be any spikes in the prices and the rate of rise is pretty slow. If it's costing him anything to keep the car like insurance it will probably be a wash for any increase in value.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I think the chart is overly optimistic.

I drive mine and never bought it for any appreciation.

If you need profits, the Dow has more than tripled. I have always just liked owning one. I don't care what the value may be.

I like seeing it every week or so to bring me back 22 years ago to the 1990's.

I can still drive a race car:

CobraR16.jpg

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey Guys,
I love my old 1995 Mustang Cobra R.

I am keeping it and could care less about any value. I have a new set of BF Goodrich Comp sticker tires T/A 255/45/ZR17 installed on the original wheels. The car has an extra set of wheels on w/ 245's on official Ford Cobra R wheels. :D

Shit, I try to drive it but the miles are logging on slowly. I am up to 10,555 miles. Yes, the brake sensor on the RF went bad. I've tested it. The ABS works great, but the senor failed.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Doc,

Make sure that sensor is grounding. The sensor grounds from the attaching bolt and they commonly would get corrosion and not ground, especially on garage queens!

Tom

Scott Cherry

Established Member
Maybe watch the trend for the next couple quarterly cycles to see if there's any stability to it? My opinion is these cars will increase but not sure when. I believe it will be a long play though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Doc,

Make sure that sensor is grounding. The sensor grounds from the attaching bolt and they commonly would get corrosion and not ground, especially on garage queens!

Tom,
I agree. I've tested it many times: All four ABS brakes work well (in tract tests). It must a sensor?

I can't zero in on the problem code. The car stops well in regular conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread