Won one, lost one to a mini cooper

2814v

Established Member
Comming home from work see two HD headlights coming up behind me while I'm stopped at a red light. He quickly changes lanes and stops next to me. Its a copper colored mini and by the way he is inching up, waiting for the green light I know he wants to dust my a$$. Light turns green he gets a slight jump, my bumper is at his door, I pull even with him and BOUNCE OFF THE REVE LIMITER :cuss: He pulls a car lengh and I back off :bash: He catches the next light and its my turn to change lanes and pull beside him. This time good launch and good shift I pull a car lengh on him and feel much better :coolman: I could not tell if it was the cooper S our standard model. It did have the center exhuast.

Anybody know off any damage ever caused by hitting the reve limiter?

Last edited:

JrNe-SvT-02

SvT RaCeR
Established Member
i did it twice in my svtf and it only slow down and the rpm goes down , of course it souldnt be any problem if u havent modified the ecu or put on a sportchip to ur car

slbkbullet

Established Member
That's what the rev limiter is there for! Hell I use it all the time LOL. As long as you are not bouncin' off of it between every shift you should have no worries :beer: Useless knowledge:the mini S has the center exhaust and the same tranny as your car. -ie. 6speed getrag. :rockon:

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Yep, gotta love that rev limiter. Shouldn't be any damage, I've done it hundreds of times! But that's me. Glad to hear you smooshed a Mini S. E-

Users who are viewing this thread