Won a trophy read!!!!

03_SVT_COBRA

Established Member
So i won a trophy this past weekend, and it happends to be one of the best ones to win... king of the dyno!! its a really nice glass one... my car got 583hp on there rollers, but im not trusting there numbers becuase it was crazy hot that day and who knows what they have the load set at, oh sorry it was a dynojet... any ways long story short, i was there all day from 10 till 3 and waited at the end becuase i knew i was getting it, and i wasnt going to leave with out it... So i get home around 4ish (over an hour away) and the dyno guy calls me saying some guy just showed up and dynoed at 620 somthing and they want the trophy back! wtf? the guy wants me to ship it to his shop! really!!!?

should i give it back? or keep it? i think the show ended at 3 any ways...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Seems if the show was over and they gave you the Trophy then you have a right to keep it. At least that's how I see it.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Seems if the show was over and they gave you the Trophy then you have a right to keep it. At least that's how I see it.

I agree with Brian. The trophy is yours. Congrats on the victory :beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Seems pretty Bold for them to ask it back. You can't show up to a Drag Race or a Car Show after the event is over and expect to even be a part of it. Wonder if the car had connections to the shop.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Seems pretty Bold for them to ask it back. You can't show up to a Drag Race or a Car Show after the event is over and expect to even be a part of it. Wonder if the car had connections to the shop.

yeah something seems fishy. maybe there is a hidden compartment in the trophy and they forgot they hid a stack of $100's in it. Picture of the trophy? But seriously, its yours and they cant make you give it back. Pretty rediculous for them to ask for it back.

03_SVT_COBRA

Established Member
yeah something seems fishy. maybe there is a hidden compartment in the trophy and they forgot they hid a stack of $100's in it. Picture of the trophy? But seriously, its yours and they cant make you give it back. Pretty rediculous for them to ask for it back.

Thats what i thought man... and they want me to pay for the shipping to ship it back to them! hah!! how do i post picutres? i just took a picture of it.

mrose75

Established Member
Agreed!! It should be yours if it was presented to you. But at the smae time, if it were me, I wouldn't want a trophy if there was some sort of controversy as to it's authenticity. Kinda like Bush/Gore election. If I don't win outright, I don't consider it a win. But that's just me. If the show was over and you were officially present the trophy, what gives?

03_SVT_COBRA

Established Member
Agreed!! It should be yours if it was presented to you. But at the smae time, if it were me, I wouldn't want a trophy if there was some sort of controversy as to it's authenticity. Kinda like Bush/Gore election. If I don't win outright, I don't consider it a win. But that's just me. If the show was over and you were officially present the trophy, what gives?

This is what my other half is saying too.... if it wasnt such a sick trophy i would give it back, i mean respect to the guy that beet me.... but still i was there all day! from start to finish... this person however was not.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
if the guy came after it was over it doesnt matter. Its like hitting a 3 pointer that would win the game after the buzzer sounds. Game is over, it doesnt count. Obvioulsy it was over or they wouldnt have gave out the trophy. Keep it and ignore them, you won fair and square.

03_SVT_COBRA

Established Member
0pimage105hj

03_SVT_COBRA

Established Member
The owner of the place handed it to me him self!! yea im not going to give it back.. i just hope they dont keep calling me...

Fat-cat

Established Member
LOL they want you to ship it back at your cost. Tell the ****ers to come and get it. I would keep it but again i dont much care about trophies. I cant see the pick at work. If they where willing to provide you with a dyno sheet and pay for the return shipping i would send it back but thats cause i dont care. If you like trophies tell them to go and have another made for the guy that showed up after the show to take the prize.

Users who are viewing this thread