Women and cars.

TripleBlackVert

Meh whatever!
Established Member
As all of you know most of us love cars period. :beer:
Well a couple weeks ago my wife and i were sitting at a light and a FGT pulls up right beside us and immediatly my jaw dropped. :eek: As i am staring at this car and man did it sound sweet my wife looks at me and says put your tongue back in your mouth. I said do you have any idea what that is? She replied yes i do, It's UGLY! I was like WTF are you talking about that's a $150K dollar car. She was like well they got ripped off. :nonono:
Now i don't know if any of you have to deal with this but it drives me nuts that she can't appreciate the love thaqt i have for cars. :beer:
BTW we were in her 09 Dodge Avenger so that didn't feel so good. LOL

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Next time she asks an opinion on ANYTHING with clothes/shoes. Give the same reply! Tell her they are ugly and whoever buys them is getting ripped off

She'll probably be more mad about it than you were lol.

edit: make sure to have a microwave dinner in the fridge just incase.

Last edited:

CBrowning84

Established Member
Next time she asks an opinion on ANYTHING with clothes/shoes. Give the same reply! Tell her they are ugly and whoever buys them is getting ripped off

She'll probably be more mad about it than you were lol.

yep and she'll still end up with them! :shrug:

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
:shrug: Idk what to say. It's a Ford GT. I haven't seen one of those in a long time.

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
yep and she'll still end up with them! :shrug:

true.

But if i could afford a FGT and she called it ugly, I'd still buy it too. Had that talk with her yesterday actually comparing life goals lol. I told her when it came down to buying the "garage car" based solely on performance not economic value, i'd accept her opinion but the choice was ultimately mine since it is my hobby. Likewise if she wants shoes, she won't care what I think lol.

she's understanding though and absolutely LOVES my cobra. Which is cool coming from her family, her dad who has a c5 and her brother who has a SC'd c6.

M3xpress

Established Member
I like girls to have an interest/appreciation and maybe want to know more about cars, but to me a girl doesn't have to go past that.

I know a few that can appreciate the beauty of certain cars.

Last edited:

jfsram

Established Member
Your wife is smarter than you think.

At 150g's, a Ford GT is no bargain. I have the same opinion for most exotic cars.

I'd rather take my 20g's and build something to smack that GT with.

....and I do see the her 15 or 20 grand spend on an Avenger is smarter than 150 on a FGT.

Now if I was making about 10 times the money I do now. Ignore all of the above.
Lucky for you she does have an opinion on other cars. Wives, girlfriends that have zero interest in anything with 4 wheels makes car conversations very boring. Would you rather she just agree with everything you say? Nice fantasy but in the real world, it's boring.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I don't understand it of course, but I'm not part of the majority.

She doesn't care about cars and you probably feel the same way about her shoes and clothes. Just one of those things, I guess.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Sorry but she is right-they are ugly.
:nonono:

At 150g's, a Ford GT is no bargain. I have the same opinion for most exotic cars.

You can have a Cobra that'll smoke a FGT but in the end of the day its still a Cobra, a sports car. The FGT however is a whole different level, it's a supercar. No matter how much you put and spend on a Cobra itll never be in a FGT level, ever.

1hot281

Established Member

....and I do see the her 15 or 20 grand spend on an Avenger is smarter than 150 on a FGT.

Eh, at $150k... I think it's a decent bargain. you get an assload of power and torque, all the same mod potential as an 03-04 Cobra or GT500, PLUS chassis, suspension and Aerodynamics that can put the car on par with the best from Porsche and Ferrari... both handling wise, and high speed stability...

there aren't alot of cars out there that can have a twin turbo kit bolted up, do over 1000hp, hang with some of the best in the standing mile, all while maintaining stock drivability, and without sacrificing handling to do so...

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
:lol: +65,000!!!!!

I have a pic on my phone of a Yellow FGT w/ Black stripes that passed me on the highway one day. I about wrecked my car staring/taking the pic. I freaking love those cars!

Users who are viewing this thread