Woman wins R8 Spyder on "Price is Right"

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Lol@ppl bitching about still having to pay 1/3 of the price. Go to any dealer and ask if they have a special sale that marks off 2/3 of the price. I don't understand the mind set of ppl sometimes.

Hopefully this is the last dumb post of SVTP 2013.

kaz109

Established Member
I've seen used v8 R8's go for 70's. I would just settle for that and spend on a turbo kit. IMO R8's are rare enough to be considered exotic, still not fast for the price though. (reference to price + awd + v10 = still slower then some rwd cars).

No way would I buy a R8 for 70k...just like I wouldn't buy a Lambo or Rarri at that price. No they are not fast but they are a great driving experience and worth the high dollar.

Alensvsix

Established Member
I wonder how many contestants who participate understand the tax consequences if they win prizes, especially large prizes. And are ALL prizes taxed, or is it over a certain dollar value?

Funny thats exactly what I thought...

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Not if you continue to post today :bored:

Don't be stupid. You're saying someone should not expect to pay 1/3 the price of a car at a dealer. Well no shit Sherlock. But on a game show one would expect to get the prize won. If it requires you to fork over more than you would ever pay for a vehicle wtf is the point?

KurtDog

Established Member
and the producer is screaming in the back like"this game is impossible to win, noone can win that car"

The producer is happy the person won. It's good for ratings.

Regardless of weather or not the contestant wins, it costs the show the same amount of money. They insure against the contestant winning. They pay a fee to an an insurance company based on the odds of the game and the value of the prize.

B0B

Established Member
I heard about this at work today. I work in Tacoma, where the lady lives who won the car. Pretty awesome. I watched the video of her winning it, made me smile. She was so excited just to be on the show. She was blown away for winning $4000 in gas money, let alone the car. Pretty awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread