Wobble wobble says my stock axles? WTH

DNT H8

Established Member
Driving down the road some guy tells me my rear wheel (DS) looks loose... WTH?
Check lugs; there tight at 85 ft lbs... Put the car up and in gear sure enough looks like I hit a giant pot hole... Swap wheels same thing.
so either I bent the axle which is hard to see (i watched w wheels off) or I have a warped rotor from heating up the pros.
So a good day of launching and sticky tires might of bent my axles, moser and a Line lock may be in my future.
Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
I bent the flange on my drivers rear axle shaft with a hard launch on slicks (I'm guessing from the slicks cuz I've never had an accident or anything). It became noticeable with a squeak from the left rear caliper moving side to side for every revolution of the wheel. I replaced it with a stock axle shaft and no problems since, but I've only been to the track twice since.

DNT H8

Established Member
Thanks for the input, you think the PS would go before the DS. I'm nervous to do another track visit before throwing a set of strange axles in...
I'm not getting any noise though

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
The driver side is slightly shorter I believe. And in 1 wheel peel diffs, it's the pass side that spins so you would think it would be the one prone to more torque. But in my case and in what I've read, it's the drivers side that bends. Applying grease to the caliper/pads silenced the noise. If you are a m6 car, I feel ya on the stronger axles. I just don't get out to the track as often as I used to since I moved to a place where the nearest strip is 60 miles away.

Users who are viewing this thread