WMS Racing CAI kit

eddy z

Established Member
I just purchused today from WMS racing (www.wmsracing.com) a CAI kit they have.. My last 98 Cobra I had, I a kit from these guys. I was quite pleased with the out come. For our 03's this kit consists of:

Air Cone (not certain on size and if its a KN, even though I thought it was a KN Cone)

4" bent "Elbow" tube into fender weld

Pro-M 95mm MAF.

The dyno result on just with the 4" tube and stock MAF was 22rwhp gain. The dyno sheet is posted on their webiste.

I spoke to Shannon at wms to ask further on the gain with the add on of the MAF. He did not have a dyno on that yet, but was advised by other owners it was another 8-12 RWHP gain.

All of the above was around $375. Not bad, based on all of the research I have conducted. Plus, I have dealt with Shannon prior, and he is very helpful, and customer service towards all..

Once, I have this system installed, I will advise all of the review..

If this new system is anything like the old system i had, then i will be very pleased.. I noticed the hp gains on the last car..

Dierz

Established Member
Eddy. it really dosent say much but i do like the WMS system but i will say why its not 1st.

* All Stock.
1st Dyno Run. 364.5RWHP / 358.2RWTQ

* Silencer removed with a K&N Filer & then.
2nd Dyno Run. 376RWHP / 370.1 RWTQ

Yes all the stuff u read on the mags really worked. Gain 12hp & 12tq across the entire RPM band. See it dont say much for that price. K&N Filter for $50.00 got me half what they are saying if its true?

Now why i like there Cold Air Induction system is u can just buy the Elbow it self & u can get it Ceramic Coating to keep the heat out. Colder air the better our motors run.

Rwick7

Established Member
I would stay away from aftermarket MAFs...just my opinion. But I did have there velocity tube on my 98 and thought it was great quality.

Fast01Cobra

Established Member
I had mine on in about 20mins, and what a "seat of the pants" difference it made.... It did make a difference in the engine sound, you can really hear the supercharger now....

Users who are viewing this thread