Witness Protection Program

musclefan21

Established Member
ok i have always wondered,

I see some mobsters testifying against their own and putting a lot of people in jail and then they are being put on witness protection program. ok, cool but I also know/hear that big mobsters have a lot of cops, judges, senators even governers on their hands. so how trustful witness protection program could be?

wouldnt anybody leak the information to mobsters since "some" of them are in contact with mob?

I really wonder if that stuff is really secure...

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
ok i have always wondered,

I see some mobsters testifying against their own and putting a lot of people in jail and then they are being put on witness protection program. ok, cool but I also know/hear that big mobsters have a lot of cops, judges, senators even governers on their hands. so how trustful witness protection program could be?

wouldnt anybody leak the information to mobsters since "some" of them are in contact with mob?

I really wonder if that stuff is really secure...

How do you know that mobsters have a lot of cops, judges, senators and even governors on their hands? It seems you have been watching too much TV.

Witness Protection is a program run by the U.S. Marshal Service and it is self contained and no one outside the program has access to their records without a federal warrant, which is rare.

musclefan21

Established Member
How do you know that mobsters have a lot of cops, judges, senators and even governors on their hands? It seems you have been watching too much TV.

Witness Protection is a program run by the U.S. Marshal Service and it is self contained and no one outside the program has access to their records without a federal warrant, which is rare.

why everytime do you have to come up with a smart comment like that Adam?

do you seriously think that mobs do not have connections? if mobs didn't get help from the "deep" government, they couldnt survive.

oh by the way, thanks for the answer. (gotta give credit, when its due)

FordSVTFan

Established Member
why everytime do you have to come up with a smart comment like that Adam?

It isnt a smart comment, it is factual. I have direct experience in the area you discuss while you have none. You made a statement that is not accurate. Which governor is tied to organized crime, which senator is tied to organized crime?

do you seriously think that mobs do not have connections? if mobs didn't get help from the "deep" government, they couldnt survive.

Do you realize that most organized crime syndicates run legitimate businesses and operate on the fringe of legal and illegal. There is no great conspiracy. Please describe this "deep government" help and back it up with actual data and not just supposition.

oh by the way, thanks for the answer. (gotta give credit, when its due)

You are quite welcome.

Satyr

Established Member
Well, Governor Eliot Spitzer was linked to a large New York prostitution ring. Might not be the "mob," but it is criminal and it was organized.
Furthermore, it could be well argued that resigned California senator Alan Robbins may have been tied to some type of organized crime as he was charged with extortion, racketeering and obstructing justice (by asking a grand-jury witness to lie).

Joseph Montoya, who was chairman of the Senate Business and Professions Committee when he was convicted in April 1990 of racketeering, extortion and money laundering, is now serving a sentence of six and a half years at a Federal prison camp. And former State Senator Paul Carpenter is free pending appeal of his racketeering, extortion and conspiracy convictions.
Moreover, former Maryland senator Thomas L. Bromwell admitted to racketeering as well. Apparently he had used his powers in the senate to further the reach of some "prominent contractors." These contractors thanked him with 200k in secret payments.

This is aside from the briberies that go on within our government, which could, certainly, also be considered as a linkage to organized crime. However, if you're looking for structured, factual evidence of an obvious connection to organized crime, it is hard to come by. A primary reason for that might be because the government doesn't want to publicly prosecute perpetrators within its core for anything relating to the mob or organized criminal activity.

Then again, it could also be a result of little/no ties to the mob, as you suggested.

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
It isnt a smart comment, it is factual. I have direct experience in the area you discuss while you have none. You made a statement that is not accurate. Which governor is tied to organized crime, which senator is tied to organized crime?

I have never been part of an organization but a few people who I closely knew were i.e. uncle. so unfortunately I do have experience indirectly. nothing like yours but it is something other than watching TV.

Do you realize that most organized crime syndicates run legitimate businesses and operate on the fringe of legal and illegal. There is no great conspiracy. Please describe this "deep government" help and back it up with actual data and not just supposition.

deep government = dirty people who work for government and have some power on their hand. I think this is clear enough and every government has them.

by the way, what made me post this thread was, I was watching prison documentary on tru tv and listened from federal agent, criminals, police, etc. themself that "that organization had some cops who hooked them up, had some judges, etc. on their hand, who helped them, etc. This was on TV just a couple days ago. :shrug:

if people have these kind of connections, how do we know they wouldnt have connection with us marshall as well?

after watching the documentary and seeing what I have seen in the past, it made me wonder how can you be completely secure after messing up with big organizations like that. thats all.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Interesting.,., all my info I got from law and order :shrug: so not much facts from me on this subject

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Well, Governor Eliot Spitzer was linked to a large New York prostitution ring. Might not be the "mob," but it is criminal and it was organized.

His hooker was in a large group, there was no government influence.

Furthermore, it could be well argued that resigned California senator Alan Robbins may have been tied to some type of organized crime as he was charged with extortion, racketeering and obstructing justice (by asking a grand-jury witness to lie).

Asking a witness to lie is not being tied to the MOB.

Joseph Montoya, who was chairman of the Senate Business and Professions Committee when he was convicted in April 1990 of racketeering, extortion and money laundering, is now serving a sentence of six and a half years at a Federal prison camp. And former State Senator Paul Carpenter is free pending appeal of his racketeering, extortion and conspiracy convictions.

Montoya, was not a U.S. senator, he was a California State legislator and he was convicted for taking money. Once again neither were tied to the Mob.

Yes, politicians do illegal stuff. But none of this supports a claim that they were tied to the Mafia.

Moreover, former Maryland senator Thomas L. Bromwell admitted to racketeering as well. Apparently he had used his powers in the senate to further the reach of some "prominent contractors." These contractors thanked him with 200k in secret payments.

A primary reason for that might be because the government doesn't want to publicly prosecute perpetrators within its core for anything relating to the mob or organized criminal activity.

Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) while initially intended to impact the mob is hardly used for the mob today. It is used for those engaged in a crime organization, such as a bank robbery group, a drug cartel, etc. But to infer a RICO conviction is the same as being involved with the "mob/organized crime" is not accurate.

Then again, it could also be a result of little/no ties to the mob, as you suggested.

In those cases there was NO connection to the mob. Once again a RICO violation is not the same as working with the mob.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
I have never been part of an organization but a few people who I closely knew were i.e. uncle. so unfortunately I do have experience indirectly. nothing like yours but it is something other than watching TV.

This occurred in the U.S.? And these people told you of the Governors and Senators they have on the payroll?

deep government = dirty people who work for government and have some power on their hand. I think this is clear enough and every government has them.

There are bad people in every field, however you spoke specifically of Governors and Senators. There are only 150 of them in the U.S. So which ones are on the take?

Cammer281

SVT Poster
Established Member

by the way, what made me post this thread was, I was watching prison documentary on tru tv and listened from federal agent, criminals, police, etc. themself that "that organization had some cops who hooked them up, had some judges, etc. on their hand, who helped them, etc. This was on TV just a couple days ago. :shrug:

if people have these kind of connections, how do we know they wouldnt have connection with us marshall as well?

after watching the documentary and seeing what I have seen in the past, it made me wonder how can you be completely secure after messing up with big organizations like that. thats all.
I hope you realize that you may have just given your uncle a lot of unwanted attention. If what you say is true, you should consider using a bit more discretion. Not a flame, just a thought.:beer:

tistan

Established Member
There are bad people in every field, however you spoke specifically of Governors and Senators. There are only 150 of them in the U.S. So which ones are on the take?

Every damn one of them are on the take. The take as much of my earnings as they can get away with.

Users who are viewing this thread