With a heavy heart, I sold the SVTF

2814v

Established Member
I sold my 03 comp orange SVTF today. I was not really planning on selling it. I posted it before and never returned any calls. Posted it on craigs list and the first guy to call me on it bought it. He had looked at SRT-4 and acura RX?, said the srt-4 was fun to drive but could not get past the plane interior. He had only read about SVTF's never saw one before. He was pretty shocked at how loaded and nice it was and how well it drove. Gonna miss that car, it was great, not one problem in 24600 miles.

Thanks to everybody here for the help and conversation, I'll check back in every once in awhile to stay current on the SVTF. And give a big thumbs up everytime I see one. :thumbsup:

jonrjen

Established Member
Well, don't keep us in the dark. What price did you sell it for? Not trying to be nosie, but this is the only manner to judge the true aftermarket value of a pre-owned SVTF.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
2814v said:
$14,000, bone stock except K&N filter.

Off topic but how did that K&N filter work out for you? I'm all anal about modding my car and I'm reluctant to even add a K&N filter since they don't filter impurities as well as paper elements.

jonrjen

Established Member
2814v said:
$14,000, bone stock except K&N filter.
Thank you for sharing that information. As I said it is difficult at best to place a fair value price on these little over looked performers

2814v

Established Member
pwnt04 said:
Off topic but how did that K&N filter work out for you? I'm all anal about modding my car and I'm reluctant to even add a K&N filter since they don't filter impurities as well as paper elements.

Had it in the car for at least 20000 miles, I could tell it was breathing better at higher RPM's. HP and MPG's not alott but a little gain.
I have used them in many cars and never had any problems.

2814v

Established Member
It was and still is in great shape, 24600 miles, 4 coats of zaino(killer shine). I am real anal about a spotless interior so it looked showroom new. It has a few small rock chips, no way round that. But overall a 9 to 9.5 out of 10 car.
I feel I got a fair price for the car, may have been able to hold out for more, but we all know the used car market sucks right now.
The fact that he picked the SVTF after driving the SRT-4 and acura RX proves how over looked these little performers really are.

Primaris

Established Member
Why didn't you sell the rebaged 78' Fairlane and keep the fast car?!

:p

2814v

Established Member
Primaris said:
Why didn't you sell the rebaged 78' Fairlane and keep the fast car?!

Because my love of 78 fairlane's runs too deep. I have had one since I've had a driver's lic. But dont worry I plan on replacing the fast car! with something faster. :burnout:

Steeltwo

Established Member
2814v said:
The fact that he picked the SVTF after driving the SRT-4 and acura RSX proves how over looked these little performers really are.

the srt4's interior is nasty compared to the other cars in it's class. It has some trim here and there and the front seats are killer. But it looks like ass for the most part. The Mazadaspeed has a KILLER interior. Of course i've never been in or close enough to a svt foci to see the interior. The pictures look good though.

Users who are viewing this thread