Witch muffler should I get

mustangmike01

Established Member
Hey Guys I Need Some Help. With My Gt Motor I Was Making 386rwhp With Jba Shortys And Bbk X With Cats And The Roush Side Exhaust. It Sound Good But It Was Not That Loud. With My New Custom Build 03 Cobra Motor, I Have Know Idea How Much Power It's Making Yet. I'm Still Braking In The Motor, So With My Mods It Should Be Around 500rwhp. I Have The Mac Long Tubes With A Mac H Pipe. I Used The Roush Side Exhaust Too. The Exhaust Note Is Not Any Louder Then My Gt Motor. Plus When I Rev The Motor The Exhaust Sounds Very Muffled And Restricted, It Must Be The Two 180 Degree Bends On The Roush Exhaust And It Tapers To 1". So I'm Planing On Making A Custom Side Exhaust. I Was Going To Come Out Of The H Pipe And Make A 2" Long Peace Of 2 1/2" Pipe And Then Go Into A Muffler. After The Muffler I Was Going Do A 45 Degree Bend And Go Out The Side. So What Muffler Would Give Me The Best Sound. I Was Thinking Of The Flowmast But Witch One?

Thanks

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
The only Flows I can recall hearing on these cars are the original 40 series, super 40's, and the new 44's. I had super 40's with a Prochamber and liked the sound, it just wasn't loud enough for me. Thus, I went to a MAC 3" catback and couldn't be happier. Granted I didn't have longtubes.

My vote would be MAC #1 and Flowmaster next. It's really about preference. Try to stick with a chambered muffler with your setup.

And did you purposely capitalize all of the words in your post? It was freaking me out as I read it.

mustangmike01

Established Member
That's the three I was talking about.

Well I found this one in exhaust sounds post above. http://videos.streetfire.net/search/MAC/4/067521b4-9907-4748-8710-194546671642.htm

That's what I'm looking for or should I say the sound I'm looking for. It's got the mac long tubes but he has the prochambers. I just have the mac o/r h pipe. Is there a big difference between the two? Dose anybody know what flowmaster series that is?

sorry about the capitalize guys. I was at work and I need the caps on for work. I did not read the post after I wrote it:shrug:

03AZRoush:
I just looked up the Spintech 333scs. So they just replace the mufflers that come with the roush exhaust? The mufflers say Magnaflow on them. I bought them 5 years ago from Roush so I guess that's what they came with. How much louder are the spintechs? Any sound clips?

This is what my gt motor sounded like with Roush exhaust. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98751478-4835-4661-8d16-e8c75e171fe4.htm and http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b7db9a19-ce36-44b2-b8e0-6843979eabd8.htm It dose sound muffled in the video and it did but it's a lot more muffled now with the cobra motor.

My friend has a 06 gt with just a slp 2 and his car sounds louder.

I wont the exhaust to be loud enough to scare people:D

by the way the gauges are gone.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Ive scared the piss out of plenty of people. Including ricers.

O/R H + Spintech 333scs:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OtRXfxrBmm0

IMG_0682.jpg

mustangmike01

Established Member
You're mustang sounds good. I went by the key chime to hear how much louder it is to mine. You're exhaust is twice as loud as mine!!! Dose it get raspy at all? It looks like you made all you're own pipe for it, im I right?

Jefe

Established Member
The system on mine was the first one that Spintech did back in like 2004. And I wasnt there to see it.

My buddy has a 2001 Stage 2 with the Magnaflows and I laugh when he revs. Sounds almost like a stock GT compared to the Spintechs. Im almost positive these are direct replacements for the stock Roush exhaust. Just a couple cuts and welds and youre done. The only time its really raspy is when its cold out and that first 1 or 2 decelerations it will start "popping." Sounds weird but in person it sounds awesome

Heres a better clip. Around 1:08 is the "popping"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zRRSBkfgs0I

mustangmike01

Established Member
It sounded good and it sounds bad a** when the video was shot when you got on it in the car:rockon: I'm getting them. The only piping I'm changing with the Roush exhaust is when it comes out of the muffler and goes to the side of the car. The pipe goes down to 1 1/2" when it passes the frame rail. I have no idea why though. The popping dose not bother me. I shot this video in January just before I took the motor out, it was in the 20s. You can hear it every time I let off. If that's the sound you're talking about, I love that sound. It sounds old school. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/79125924-b6da-45ef-b267-7cd60de9658d.htm at 2:20 you can hear it popping. And yes the clutch is slipping big time.

Jefe

Established Member
Thats the same piece that I had problems with on my car. Look at the pic and you can see how the piping from the muffler to the tip is pinched at the bend. Thats because the pipe hung lower than the car did and would hit everything. But I was running H&R Sport Springs which were stupid slow. Get that pipe up as close to the car as you can.

Call Bill or Ethan(1-877-578-2433) at Stage3Motorsports and tell him youre from FNSweet(www.fnsweet.com) Hell give you a great price on those Spintechs!

03roush

01 Roush Stage 3 #106
Established Member
if you are going with the cobra motor go with magnapacks out the side you won't be disappointed

mustangmike01

Established Member
Ok guy, I'm putting in full length sub frame connectors so the Roush or the Spintech will not fit. Where the 180 degree bend is, is where the sub frames sit:(
So I'm going to have to make a custom exhaust like I said above. So what flowmaster would sound the best. I'm looking for a deep but loud sound. The classic 40s, super 40s, or the 44s?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread