Wish me luck

VenomShock

Electric Green Cobra
Established Member
Got my final offer of employment last Tuesday, start the academy this coming Monday, the 29th. Can't wait to get on the job.

VenomShock

Electric Green Cobra
Established Member
Good luck!

Have you tried to get on in Jersey?

Thanks!

Na I didn't, this is the first place I applied and I got on, and I'm insanely pumped about it. I didn't have enough college credits when they took apps the last time, last summer and I heard the next class they put in is going to be from that same test group so it would be a while before I could get on the job here in NJ. One of my dads good friends is a Jersey Trooper and he was the one that recommended I look into Maryland because he knew I was eager to get on the job. From the many trips I made down to Maryland throughout the application process I really started to like Maryland better than NJ anyway, but it is def hard leaving my family and friends behind in NJ.

Last edited:

03cobraracer

Established Member
hey venomshock goodluck bro im trying to get on in jersey as well and i know its not going to be easy. i get my civil service test results this week finally. what part of jersey are you from?

VenomShock

Electric Green Cobra
Established Member
hey venomshock goodluck bro im trying to get on in jersey as well and i know its not going to be easy. i get my civil service test results this week finally. what part of jersey are you from?

Morris county, yea i took the Civil service too, still waiting on my results from that too. But I guess its a little late for that now lol.

03cobraracer

Established Member
does maryland require any college credits? they posted the results to the civil service today. i got an 86. dont know if thats good enough though. definately gonna be looking into other states also. im from monmouth county also.

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
Venom, I got the word on Friday that my start date will now be the 7th. I will go straight to patrol duty and then will be pulled for the academy which has been backed up to the 1st part of November. The good(?) thing is I'll still to take PT everyday witht he graduating class. That ought to help me a bit for the real deal starts.

VenomShock

Electric Green Cobra
Established Member
does maryland require any college credits? they posted the results to the civil service today. i got an 86. dont know if thats good enough though. definately gonna be looking into other states also. im from monmouth county also.

No they dont require any college, just hs diploma. I checked online and got my score for the CS too, got a 93 but it doesn't tell you your rank so idk how good that is either.

Venom, I got the word on Friday that my start date will now be the 7th. I will go straight to patrol duty and then will be pulled for the academy which has been backed up to the 1st part of November. The good(?) thing is I'll still to take PT everyday witht he graduating class. That ought to help me a bit for the real deal starts.

Congrats, thats a pretty good deal to be able to do it that way. I leave in the morning to go to Maryland, Orientation is at 1, then I can stay the night. Then the hell begins Monday morning lol. Also looked through my training handbook that they sent me and found out that every member of the class is Squad leader and Charge of Quarters (which it appears to me is the person in charge of the whole class) at some point and it goes in alphabetical order. Lucky me, my last name starts with a C lol.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

You havent received any training, yet they are putting you in a patrol car? I would be willing to bet, you are going to be in the passenger seat with no firearm, doing ride alongs and working the radio and computer.

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
I didnt indicate anything any different. I am well aware of our process here.We are however allowed to work in the field from day one here in VA. Training must be completed within 12 months of initial start date.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
I was simply clarifying. You stated
I will go straight to patrol duty

That may mean something different to you, but those of us that have been doing this job for a while take it to mean, that you are on patrol.

I know you are excited, and you certainly understand the process there, but your post was misleading. Sorry you took it any differently.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
I was simply clarifying. You stated
I will go straight to patrol duty

That may mean something different to you, but those of us that have been doing this job for a while take it to mean, that you are on patrol.

I know you are excited, and you certainly understand the process there, but your post was misleading. Sorry you took it any differently.

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
Patrol duty is how my assignment is scheduled. Nothing misleading about it. You can get one of 2 assignments. Inside the PD or Patrol. I was lucky enough to get patrol instead of shredding papers and fetching coffee.

Users who are viewing this thread