Wish Me Luck...

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
...or don't. :shrug:

After more than 25 years of smoking and going through over a pack a day... its been 24 hours since I last lit up. Going to try cold turkey. No crutches. I've been staring at and arguing with the half smoked butt in the ash tray all day long. Persistent little phucker... :smmon:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Best of luck to you. Friend of mine quit that way and has never gone back. Seems the people that don't need a crutch or band-aid to quit are the ones who also build the will-power not to go back.

Lightning Steve

Established Member
Keep at it dude!
Those craving/ bad spots will go away in a couple of minutes.
Then the time between cravings will get longer and longer.
Throw all the butts away, don't need the extra temptation.
Sleep alot! Those unconcious hours count!
So far I've been doing good. Three weeks Monday (after 30years)!

NXSVTCOBRA

Honestly that's the way I quit, I used to be a chimney, and one day I just stopped buying and never lit up since. September made 3 years since. I used to get headaches etc etc and cravings but I substituted the urge with a coke or some crackers or something

best of luck

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
studies show that it takes most people at least three honest tries to quit an addiction. so dont get down if the first time doesnt work out,
good luck. i wish more of my friends would quit, its gross

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
best of luck man!

it can be done, but will honestly one of the hardest things you've ever done. There are 2 main reasons why people stop, and each seems like it can take a different amount of work. First is the classic "wanting to stop because it's not good for you and it's long overdue", which is usually brought on by deciding that you want to do so. That can be a little tougher, and seems to take more discipline.

The other reason i see in the hospital that seems to have a much higher success rate is the "doctor scare" stop. As you would have never guessed, this would be when the doctor sits down and tells you that the current path your on is going to kill you in X amount of years unless you stop. Usually a little more successful, and many of them say that it's been a no-brainer and was somewhat easy to stop after only a few weeks.

either way for you, i'm wishing you the best of luck man :beer:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Over 48 looooong hours now. Felt a little weak a couple times today, but I think my mind is made up. Now if I can just avoid packing on the fat... :fart:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Over 48 looooong hours now. Felt a little weak a couple times today, but I think my mind is made up. Now if I can just avoid packing on the fat... :fart:

When I quit (for only 6 months) I found going to the gym reall helped the with cravings and the not getting fat part...

Best of luck, hopefully be with you on the bandwagon after this deployment:rockon:

Thump_rrr

Established Member
I have 1 1/2 months to go to make it 3 years without a cigarette.
I left 2 cigarettes in a pack on my coffee table for nearly 2 months.
We're no longer allowed to smoke in bars here which makes it a little easier now but you'll always have cravings.
You just have to take a second to remeber how long it has been since the last one and realize that if you do have a puff the clock starts back at 0 once again.
Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread