Wiring question. Do U recognize this thing?

83gt5.0

Established Member
http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7415

Here is a link to the picture of the thing I can't figure out.

I know only half of it is there in this pic. I am installing EFI on my 83, and do not seem to have the other half. I compared to my Cobra, and it seems to be a quick disconnect thing that is grounded to the body. I thought it was some kind of fuse, but it doesn't seem to be. Can I simply cut that thing off and ground it with a bolt/screw?

:shrug:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
That is an extra gound wire that runs to the neg. battery terminal. The other end of it would be in the factory ground cable harness. The neg. battery terminal has the usual heavy gauge wire and has a small wire coming out of it. That small wire runs from the neg post to an eyelet that is screwed into the inner apron and then back out of the eyelet to the connection that you took a pic of. Hope that make sense.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Sure can... I would still go ahead and run another wire out of that same eyelet over to the neg. post like the factory, just incase Ford actually had a good reason for the double ground. I see Mustangs all the time at work without it hooked up at all and they still run ok. I just like to have a lot of good grounds on an EFI car.

Users who are viewing this thread