wiring help

mustangcobra93

Established Member
I don't know much at all about the electrical system of our cars. Then when adding the zex kit, heater, purge, HI-6S, & shift light I don't really know what wires to splice for the 12 v power that is hot only when the key is on and during cranking. Right now its all (except for the purge which is not hooked up) connected to the radio power wire. I have been told this is not good, but I don't know were else to put it. Any suggestions for the electrical gods out there?

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Definitely, do not get your power from the radio hot wire!

You need to get a good test light with a sharp point for piercing wires. Simply start piercing wires under the dash until you find one hot with switch on. Turn switch off, and if the test light goes out, then bingo, you've got what you want.

The wiper motor is a good source for a hot wire.

From the sounds of it, I would suggest trying to find a good friend to check your install thorougly. If not a friend, then a good mechanic experienced with nitrous installs. You're putting a lot of parts on there at once, and if you have no experience with wiring, it could be a prime chance to blow a motor if something doesn't engage correctly...

Users who are viewing this thread