Wiring help please

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Anyone in here willing to help make a wiring diagram for me?
I just bought a minibuggy with an 03 Yamaha R1 motor. I have the harness and a diagram for it but I'm looking to add headlights, turn signals, brake lights, etc.

I'm fine with wiring switches, lights, etc but I need help as far as when to use relays and fuses.

Basically I'm looking to wire in a horn, 4 headlights (2 for dim/2 for bright), set of taillights (used for brakes and signals)

I'd appreciate all the help I can get.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I was looking at a fuse box but wasn't sure if it was really needed.

I have the bikes gauges mounted on the dash so another thing I need to work on is to have the bright and signal indicators working when I flip the switch.
Thanks for the link man.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
I was looking at a fuse box but wasn't sure if it was really needed.

I have the bikes gauges mounted on the dash so another thing I need to work on is to have the bright and signal indicators working when I flip the switch.
Thanks for the link man.

You need to get the diagram from the gauges and making the indicator work should be a snap.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
You need to get the diagram from the gauges and making the indicator work should be a snap.

That's what I was thinking. As an example shouldn't I basically be able to just run the power from the left/right turn signals to the power of the indicator on the gauge? That way once I send power to the left signal it'll also power up the indicator.

I'm guessing I'll need a flasher relay in there somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread