Wiring help needed

NovaRog

Now that the kids have finally graduated and have their own vehicles, it is time to get my 96 Cobra back on the road. I am just finishing up with a head gasket replacement after the teenagers (yes, lucky kids drove a 96 Cobra through High School since Dad had a company car) "wore it out".

So I have two wires that I cannot figure out where they connect to.

The first comes out of the loom that runs behind the power steering pump. Two gray wires that terminate into a ring connector close to the power distribution block.

Gray Wires.JPG

The second splits out of the loom at the fire will on the drivers side. It is approx 30" or so and is a green w/ red stripe and a black wire. It appears to run down the side of the inner fender, but I cannot find a connector of it.

Green w Red stripe.JPG

Can someone pop the hood on your 96-98 Cobra and trace where these wire connect? Thanks SVT family!!

Roger

bryantaylor

Established Member
the gray one with the eylet goes on the side of the fuse box, where you can see that post, right by the dipstick. the other one, i don't know, mine is disconnected also

SNAKEYE

Established Member
On my '97 the only connector I can see in that area plugs into the brake master cylinder along the bottom of the master cylinder about halfway back along its engine side. The receptacle for my plug is hard to see as it barely is visible protruding from beneath the master cylinder. Just one problem: my connector has three wires going into it, and none are yellow/green like your one appears to be.

Good luck with your reclamation and refurb!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Is the grey one the electrical interference thingy that mounts on the back of the heads? Dunno if these cars have em or not

NovaRog

Thanks for all the responses!

BryanTaylor, Thanks for the info on the gray wires with the eyelet, it was hanging on that stud on the side of the power distribution box, but I was not sure that is where it belonged. Where does your disconnected connector that I am asking about lay at, somewhere near the PDB?

For the gray connector. It T's out at the firewall on the Drivers side back the brake master cylinder. The plug on the Master Cylinder is in place. It is about 30" long and has bends that make it look like it runs up along the inner fender towards the power distribution box.
White Cobra.jpg

96GT226410

Established Member

97snakebite

Established Member
The plug on my 98 Cobra's master cylinder has three wires on it. Mine might be different...?

OP, here's where the harness splits. Does this look like yours? View attachment 1482838View attachment 1482839

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 was a breed of its own. I've had both 96/97 and im kinda sure its a 2 wire. I'll check tomorrow to verify.....but i also have it unplugged ;-)

P.S...After thought...can that happen to be the hood light harness judging by how clean it is?

Last edited:

NovaRog

Bingo, that's it, the hood light, checked it out last night. Since the hood is not currently on the car, I would have never seen it.

Thanks a ton, I've been scratching my head over this connector of months.

Users who are viewing this thread