Wiring harness / Mice!

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
My father in-law called me up to go check out his 2009 GT500 after his CEL came on, and the car was sounding like it was missing. I plugged in the SCT, pulled the code, and it said "cylinder 8 fuel injector curcuit open". I went searching, and found that the wire from the harness to the injector looked like it had been "chewed" through, completely in half. There were also little "chew" marks all the way down to the copper on some of the wires to the throttle body (there are even little wire crumbs on the valve cover). Anyway, we came to the conclusion that a little mouse must have got in there while the car sat under the carport, under the cover, for 7 days. So yea ... he was kinda :cuss:

Anyway ... anyone know of an easy way of repairing the wire harness? Anyone bought and changed out their main wire harness before (is it an absolute pain to do)? Trying to decide if he should splice it, replace it, or file an insurance claim and see if they will cover "mouse damage".

enormous

Established Member
Years back I had mice chew through an injector wire on my previous stang and I carefully stripped back some wire and soldered it and used shrink wrap to protect it. The next owner is still driving it today I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread